Still no track pads for the FiST? WTF people!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by CrookedRacer, Nov 28, 2014.

1. TRev

TRev Member

I haven't had time to pull the inner pads to check if mine are really outer pads so I haven't called Edwin yet. Hoping to take a look at mine late next week.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. CrookedRacer

CrookedRacer Active Member

I did get in contact with him, and I followed up with the pictures I've posted here. I also gave him the date codes from my boxes. He said he'll be doing some more investigation. I'll let you know how it is ultimately resolved.

Mango, open the box!!!!
  4. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

Going to as soon as I get home today.
  5. CrookedRacer

Here's the pic I sent of my boxes:

6. Mightymango

Well...if I need to grind the nubs off I will. I'll know soon enough
  7. Mightymango

:(Opened the box....found nubs on mine as well. Don't know if I should contact hawk or just grind them off now
  8. CrookedRacer

Hawk cant send any replacements for about a month or so. I suspect they started opening boxes to find they're all like that.

I would just call in and let them know you need some too.
  9. CrookedRacer

The Hawk street race pads made a total mess of my rotors. I really think they oversold, over promised, and underdelivered on this compound.

It's actually worse than this on the inner face... it is cracked and crazed. Although if I can find a reasonable place to have them turned, I might try to clean them up enough to use on the street.

My advice... Use street pads for the street and race pads for the track. There's no such thing as Street Race.
  10. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 Member

Wow... that's pretty serious.
  11. Mightymango

Makes me think I should just get factory fronts for auto-x.
  12. That's fucked up!
  13. CrookedRacer

Mango, do yourself (and your rotors) a favor, and just ask Hawk for your money back.

Get OEM's. They're perfect for autocross. I never said there was anything bad about performance of the OEM's, but they can't last under the brutal conditions of an entire track weekend.

Get DTC-60's if you are going to take it to the track.

I may actually go back to trying OEM's on the track, now that I have brake ducts. <-- yeah, that's a link I put there, not an ad, hopefully. If kept cooler, they might actually survive a weekend. Which would be awesome, since they cost 1/4 what the DTC-60's do.
  14. Double E

Double E New Member

Crooked, I was in the CTS-V and am interested in that video you shot.
    Your car looked well dialed in.
  15. Mightymango

Soooooo....interesting information

Called our local dealer.....factory fronts are not currently available. They do not have any old stock and the new ones are not expected to be out for 2 more months!! So beware everyone!!

We have an account with carquest and they have some kind of pad and they are cheap enough that I ordered them to see what they look like.
  16. CrookedRacer

Search Amazon for BRF-1442.. they're out of stock if sold by Amazon, but another vendor has them for $72 with free shipping.

I've bought at least two sets from Amazon with no problems. But those were all sold and fulfilled by Amazon.
  17. Mightymango

I always forget about Amazon (even though I have prime) Ordered them up thanks for the heads up.

Side note, the "TEQ Correct" pads from Carquest, are 100% correct. The inner pads match the factory ones and the outer pads match perfect. Not sure of the frictional properties.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  18. CrookedRacer

Let us know how those work out for you!