Stuck in 4th?!?!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by quiznos, Nov 23, 2014.

1. quiznos

quiznos Member

Driving my car today... And suddenly wouldn't come out of 4th gear...
    This was A to B driving, not pushing it or anything.
    Any ideas?
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. quiznos

quiznos Member

Clutch is still good. And I can push it up into neutral, but not to the point I can just leave it there in neutral.
  4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Shift lever cable pop off on the shifter or on the transmission .. How does the shifter feel ? normal or loosey goosey ??
  5. quiznos

quiznos Member

That was the first thing I checked.
    But it was rock hard. Jammed in 4th and wouldn't come out. It's the shifter that's stuck feels like. Didn't matter car on or off.

After some elbow grease and cursing eventually got it out just as the tow truck arrived. Now it's as if nothing's happened. I'll take it to the dealer tomorrow.

I can see the invoice now "Cannot replicate issue."
  6. quiznos

quiznos Member

The shift coupler had a wobble to it once I reach in behind the air box. Which is normal, but it had an odd sound to it.
  7. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

8. quiznos

quiznos Member

Hmmm in deed. Hopefully work isn't crazy tomorrow and I can see what the dealer says
  9. FordService

FordService Official Ford Representative

Hi quiznos,

Glad to hear it seems to be working again; let me know how the dealer visit goes. I can also loop in your customer service manager on this if you'd like me to. I'll need your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location sent via PM.

LuvfiestaST likes this.