Suspect rear window defroster is on all the time.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by vixenlotus, Feb 10, 2014.

1. vixenlotus

vixenlotus Member

Anytime I start the car with a dusting of snow or ice on the back window within a mile or so the lines from the rear defroster melt the snow (even though the defroster was not on). It even does this with the entire climate control system in the off mode. Is t his happening to anyone’s else car?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mysticfac3

mysticfac3 Member

Not to me everything stays frosty unless I push the button...including mirrors

4. vixenlotus

vixenlotus Member

Not sure my mirrors are doing anyting (even when i push the button)

5. mysticfac3

mysticfac3 Member

Well iirc some trims of american st's don't have mirror heaters

6. F1ST

F1ST Member

Behavior was the same on my 2011 SE. No heated seats or mirrors. The defroster would come on when cold all by itself, I never needed to push the button. I suspect it just does it auto after startup for a pre determined time, maybe only when below a certain temperature. . Would be nice if it turned on the light to let you know when it is on/off.

7. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

True. The heated mirrors are part of the Recaro seat package.

8. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

do you have auto temp control on?

9. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

same with my 2011. The rear glass defrost works when the button is not depressed, however, heated seats and front defrost are turned on. I don't know if those automatically turn on the rear or not. It is rare that the heated seat and front defrost are not running every day from November to April.