SYNC: astounding stupidity! Caution, rant ahead...

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by reddog99, Oct 4, 2013.

1. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Representative

Hi Firesail,

You may be correct; I wasn't sure. :)
    Currently, most iPhones do allow text messages to come in. Unfortunately, text messages can't be sent out (according to feedback from other owners). iOS 7 hasn't been added to our compatibility chart yet, so I am unable to verify.
    Hello ohskigod,

If you're interested in learning more about it, check page 310 of your owner's manual (printing 3): http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...ner's-Manual-Third-Print_om_en-us_10_2013.pdf

Kim

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Tried it again no luck..;((

4. LuvfiestaST

Hence why ford should have went with Apple

5. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Not even... If that was the case, Apple is so proprietary that the only things that would connect to it are Apple devices.

6. LuvfiestaST

That works for me

7. FordIVTteam

Are you running V3.6.2 on your MyFord Touch system?

Kim

8. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I have found the problems to be really dependant on the device in use.

Certain devices work really well, and others cause constant problems.

I don't ever experience the same problems, with the devices that work well as I do with the others.

9. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Device independent problems are what frustrate me. I asked sync to call my wife on her cell, and it tuned the satellite radio to a jazz station. Switching to bluetooth audio always requires a tap on the display. The voice command trees are rigid and not always intuitive.
    I get the impression that the system works great if you have a deep understanding of how it works, but short of that, I find myself screaming at the system to get its shit together.

Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.
  10. FordIVTteam

Hi Cligedy,

Which type of phone are you connecting? When you say it requires a tap on the display, do you mean the MyFord Touch display or the phone?

Kim

11. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Sync says that the bluetooth device isn't connected and that the system will try to connect to the previous device, even though the phone is connected. Before sync even finishes what it is saying, a "successful" shows up on the entertainment corner. If you tap the successful message, then the audio starts right up.

12. FordIVTteam

One thing you can do to improve the connection for Bluetooth audio streaming is a soft reset. If your phone allows you to remove the battery, take it out and replace it. Start up the car and see if you notice an improvement. If you have an iPhone, the soft reset is done by pressing HOME and POWER until the Apple logo appears.

Kim

13. Removed

Removed Guest

So I guess random complaining, but...

MyFordTouch does this annoying thing where you can say "Call John Doe" and then it will prompt me, "please choose" with a list:

1. John
    2. John Doe

Even though John Doe is the only John in the address book... it's things like this that make me wonder if the designers were on meth.

14. __V__

__V__ Member

Let's see if anyone else has this problem with temp control.

With all temp control off, tell sync set car temp to a temp different than it was before you turned it off. So set temp manually to 65 then turn it off.

Now tell sync set temp 67

Every time I do it it will turn on the blower but the temp always will be 65 not 67.

Once it is on it will set the temp correctly but not from an off setting.

Minor thing but it's repeatable.