Sync is aweful

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by FiSTofFury, Feb 7, 2014.

1. REDST

REDST New Member

Hi Kim

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know you still frequent the forum. Glad to know you're still around. :)

Although I have my gripes about the system, overall I feel that MFT/Sync is a GREAT product. I think I enjoy it as much as the car itself!

The annoyances posted aren't enough to cause me to regret having the system in the car. Honestly, I think if I could find a way to play back my mp3's in alphabetical/numerical order, I'd actually be pretty happy.

Please tell me there's a way...

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. b17drvr

b17drvr New Member

I guess I'm old. I turn on the radio and play a cd once and a while.

4. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I hate commercials and listening to DJ's BS. I just want pure music, so the streaming services are where it's at for me. I liked Sync in my '11 SES and was bummed that MFT did not include Applink for Pandora, but I think the functionality is even better with MFT for my usage.

5. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Yeah, on my 15-20 minute drive to school or work, if I listen to the radio I get one or two songs and the rest is listening to commercials and or/DJs that won't shut up. Especially the morning shows. I've listened to some stations that are literally the DJs talking away about stuff that I don't want to listen to in the morning shows and you're lucky to get one song every two hours. That's why I generally use my iPod.

6. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Having had multiple cars with both Sync and MFT, I tend to use SiriusXM or BlueTooth Audio and not make any changes while driving. I might go between the sources or SiriusXM presets, but that is about it. I don't listen to any terrestial radio, which is why none of my cars have the antenna installed. Even the Fiesta Movement ST had the antenna removed right away. I find that using SirusXM or BTA, I don't need to hunt around as much to find something to listen to. The less hunting around means less interaction with MFT, and that can only be a good thing.

Firesail likes this.
  7. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I use a mix of my Ipod and BTA. On BTA my favorite is Pandora, but I sometimes use Slacker.
    SiriusXM is okay, but after the free trial, I'm letting that lapse.

8. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Representative

I'm still here! :)

Just to be clear, are you playing music from a USB or some sort of MP3 player? Can you describe how the music currently plays? I believe there is a trick to the way the metadata is arranged, but I'll have to do some digging and get back to you.

Kim

9. REDST

REDST New Member

Hey Kim,

I'm playing mp3's that are stored on a USB Flash drive. I have the file names in the following format:
    01 - Track 1 name.mp3
    02 - Track 2 name.mp3
    03 - Track 3 name.mp3
    etc.

These songs would be in a folder named after the Artist and the album.

When I browse the device in the car, the songs are not listed in alphabetical or numerical order. As an example, it'll list the files like:
    04 - Track 4 name.mp3
    09 - Track 9 name.mp3
    02 - Track 2 name.mp3
    etc.

It will then play the songs in the order listed. Although its out of order.

Basically, its like the device has 'shuffle' turned on. I verified that it is NOT enabled. On some of my albums, I even edited the mp3 tags and explicitly listed that this song is track n of n but it still doesn't sort numerically.

Hope that helps clarify whats going on... if not, let me know and I'll take a picture or something.

10. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Representative

That was exactly what I needed to know; that was a perfect explanation, REDST.

The system is designed to play music in the album order, not alphabetical. Since you have these arranged in alphabetical order and they still aren't playing correctly, check to make sure the album name is the same on each track.

If they all have the same artist listed, try giving the command PLAY ARTIST (say the artist's name). I believe the music will play in alphabetical order this way. Also, I recommend clicking SETTINGS > MEDIA PLAYER > turn Gracenote info OFF for the best results.

Kim

11. MOFiST

MOFiST Member

If you get a playlist creator on your PC you can overcome this. You then use browse playlists and play those.

Tappin on the phone

12. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Just curious, have you checked to see if the track #'s are correct in the metadata for these MP3's? If they are blank or incorrect that could cause the incorrect sorting.