Test drove a Fiesta ST yesterday and....

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by FORDTOUGH, May 9, 2014.

1. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

I have a 12" sub I had in my old Fiesta. It was put in a truck purpose sub box so it was a small one. It was perfect for the SES I had. But in this one, the way that the cover is set up, it's much higher. So I can't have the sub box stand up. I have to lay it down. THEN I have to find a spot for the amp. And this is a small. There is no room!

Time for me to get some custom work done! This ought to be fun.

Also, as a response to the original purpose of this thread: Many people agree that when you sit in the car, you find out how they made the car so cheap for what it offers. I am gonna admit that my 2011 SES felt more luxurious. A Fiesta SES felt more luxurious that a FiST. I know it sounds horrible, but the money was put towards the performance. Now add the Recaros if you find them comfy enough and you get a better experience. I wish there was a bit more leather in my seats, maybe if the handles looked more like brushed aluminum rather than flat black rubber. Just a few things here and there, but otherwise I totally believe this car was worth every penny.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. OP your best bet is to wait and get a 2015 Mustang V6 or 2.3 Ecoboost BASE model 6 months to a year after they are out. MSRP is $24,425 for the former and $25,995 for the latter. Pricing can skyrocket with options of course. Both should have the interior you're looking for with performance to boot. Yes at first they will be tough to get and MSRP or higher will be the norm. But this will drop quickly as it always does.

While not a Fiesta ST or Focus ST, both should outperform either ST car. With decent mpg to boot. Otherwise I'd consider a Mini Cooper base or S. Or even a VW GTI. Not sure if you're trolling or not. But you're not into this car. That's obvious. There are other options out there. I gave you 4. Good luck!

4. mongoose221

mongoose221 Member

1) the rear cargo floor is two position. You can lower it down to where your SES was. It's able to be set in an upper and lower layout to offer a nifty sub-cargo floor storage area

2) the FiST is a loaded fiesta titanium interior, the best fiesta level interior, but the FiST adds a recaro seat option. Not sure how it "feels less luxurious" other than a perceived effect based on your brain noticing things you ignore in a 17k car but notice when you paid 22k. Then you remember the brakes and engine and everything is zen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

5. Neely2005

Neely2005 Member

So don't buy a Fiesta ST. Problem solved.

Firesail and BRGT350 like this.
  6. Neely2005

Neely2005 Member

Fold the rear seats down.

Firesail likes this.
  7. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

agree, if you don't think it is worth the money, don't buy it. Not sure why somebody would want to join a website full of Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts, just to say the car is overpriced and you don't like it.

As for golf clubs, yes, you need to fold the seats down. I have taken a number of different Fiesta's golfing over the years, and they all require folding the seats down. Heck, I even made a video back in 2009 showing how to do it.

8. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

I do like the car I almost purchased it had it not been for the low ball trade offer on my current car

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

9. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

of all the cars I have bought over the years, only once did I trade on in. The trade-in amounts are so stupid low, that it doesn't make sense to trade them in. The one I did trade, I ended up getting a very good amount and it was the same as I was trying to get for a private sale.

10. Neely2005

Neely2005 Member

And the suspension, tires & rims.

The Titanium Fiesta does get the back up camera though.

mongoose221 likes this.
  11. mongoose221

mongoose221 Member

Good point neely :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

12. Deanh

Deanh Member

Ive just read this thread, it got so gratingly annoying I ended up skimming. I have come to the conclusion, rather than throwing out the "troll" label, that the origional poster has an extremely distorted veiw of reality. There are NO cars in the fiesta STs price range that offer the same features, performance and driving excitement..NONE....Cooper S ?, be prepared to spend approx 5-6k more for the same features, BRZ, still more $.....and thats just naming two "competitors" So, I throw out a challenge to the OP, name another car with similar features, performance etc that costs a similar $....I already know the answer, what we have here is a typical "Champagne taste, beer budget" attitude, nothing more nothing less.

Gpfarrell likes this.
  13. Deanh

Deanh Member

do you think anyone has ever stood up in a Dealership and asked to have their appraisal cut back?.....99% of people think their trades are worth more than what they can be purchased by dealers through Auction sources for....

14. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

I understand that but when you consult NADA and Kelly blue book and your dealer is is offering you $900 below rough trade in is listed at on a car that is in good condition you start to question that. I understand I'm not gonna get exactly what those sources say but when your not even in the ballpark its insulting.

15. Deanh

Deanh Member

quick answer, call up NADA and KBB and see if they will buy your car...they are GUIDES, nothing more, nothing less...and does their value take into account the odd dent here and there, 40% tread left on tIres, that "CLUNK" in the trans....hell, even market demand?.....

16. Deanh

Deanh Member

yup NADA and KBB, because , just like the internet...if iits on the screen or in their book...it MUST be true....tell that to all the Audi owners pissed that their cars are only getting 3-4000 BACK of wholesale book....DOH!

17. Deanh

Deanh Member

PPS, human nature is a funny thing, seems most buyers want retail on their trade , but only want to pay wholesale on the new car.....funny that....

18. Kevin R

Kevin R Member

Not sure about in the US but up here in Canada you only pay tax on the difference between the trade and the car you're buying. So when you're trading in a car worth $30K you're saving $3,600 in taxes (12%). If you negotiate with the dealer enough sometimes you can get it so the trade and tax savings add up to what you would get for it in a private sale. For me personally, unless I've got someone lined up to buy my vehicle I'm usually willing to lose a little cash just to save the hassle of dealing with test pilots and tire kickers.

19. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

I know dealers use NADA as a guide, however I become irritated when I'm handed a trade offer and I'm below what a rough trade is. I do my research and I'm not about to let a dealer blatantly low ball me

20. Deanh

Deanh Member

maybe, just maybe thats what your car is worth...ever cross your mind...In my experience jump into a Carmax....sometimes those guys give appraisals that are just plain questionable.....and it may work for you, but I wouldnt be so quick to brand the dealer as the bad guy, they are in the business, and perhaps...just PERHAPS, they know the actual value of your car better than you do....I doubt very much they would have let you walk with a lower than norm number on your trade if there was an inkling of a potential transaction, unless theres more to the story than you are letting on....maybe that trade number was a reaction to what you had stated you would pay for the Fiesta ( which is reflected a multitude of times in your prior posts )...maybe not, just sayin.

21. Deanh

Deanh Member

not in the US, well So Cal anyways...based on selling price.