Test drove a Fiesta ST yesterday and....

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by FORDTOUGH, May 9, 2014.

1. Kevin R

Kevin R Member

Oh well, your cars are priced cheaper than up here anyways so we deserve a little break ;)

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

I was upfront about body work on it. I told them I hit a deer with it and a few things have been replaced. I guess I'm just not willing to lose money on a car that I've maintained well. To me if I'm trading in a perfectly good car I want a return of some sort and I do understand the dealer has to resell the vehicle and want to profit.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

4. Deanh

Deanh Member

Blame the French...everyone else does.....lol.

5. Deanh

Deanh Member

well now...theres the crux of the matter.....a car that hit a deer, and if sold by a dealer AND its on CARFAX, isnt worth NADA or KBB's value...what a SHOCKER....and VOILA, the other side of the story comes out, funny how the dealers always the bad guy..FACT, car has been in a accident, believe it or not, that actually effects resale. WOW.......

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  6. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

Understood, however I'm not gonna accept an offer 1000k below what rough trade is considered to be by those 2 sources. Even with repairs that car is not in rough condition its average at best.

7. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

And BTW the dealer acknowledged that the car was in great shape and that it would be sold as a CPO

8. Deanh

Deanh Member

doesnt matter, being in an accident HURTS the car regardless, the next buyer has to be informed by the dealer. How would YOU react if the new car YOU were buying was disclosed to have had body repairs, wouldnt be an issue would it?.....RIGHT, I will requote myself...you seem to have a false sense of reality.

9. Deanh

Deanh Member

then sell it privately...because unless youve seen the light, you can sell it as is and not disclose the fact its had thousands in body repairs....also, as I have stated...call those two sources and see if they will buy the car for what they ESTIMATE its worth....sheesh...For Sale, low mile cream puff, well looked after, $5000 in body repairs un-noticable...theres a winner.

10. Deanh

Deanh Member

yep, just gloss over the huge body repair bill....

11. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

Yeah a new grill and a headlight assembly destroys a cars value

12. Deanh

Deanh Member

I doubt that was all the damage was,,,because if so, then the deer was the size of an Xmas ornament....

13. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

That's all it was and a scrape on the bumper. I'm not gonna lie about the severity of the repair and yes it was a tiny 4 pointer I hit at 35mph.

14. Deanh

Deanh Member

credibilty is slowly going down the toilet Fordtough....now theres also a Bumper...

15. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

Shall I post a copy of the repair bill to prove it?

16. Deanh

Deanh Member

if it makes you feel better, but fact is trades been in an accident, thats plain and simple....and I dont know why, but for some unbeknownst reason, a car thats had body work isnt worth as much as one that hasnt...for the life of me, much like yourself, I have no idea why......

17. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

Let me clarify the bumper wasn't replaced

18. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

Like I said I'm don't want to take a hit on a car I've maintained might not be worth as much to a dealer but the car has more value to me so I walked

19. Deanh

Deanh Member

then dont state the dealer "low balled" you........everyone makes the dealer out to be a the bad guys without the whole story...

20. FORDTOUGH

FORDTOUGH Member

Funny thing is I talked to another dealer and disclosed the same info and they came in at 1000 more. So whose the bad guy?

21. Deanh

Deanh Member

dealer has to disclose car was damamaged...THAT alone makes a huge difference in being able to re-sell...