The COBB Fiesta ST R&D Master Thread

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by COBB, Aug 22, 2013.

1. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

My question was first about your AP firmware updates.
    As YOUR firmware is updated will the maps/custom maps that YOU have written still work?

However you made me think of another scenario.
    In the future Ford may provide an update to the PCM program.
    What then?
    How will this be saved within the AP for the purpose of an AP un-install?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. COBB

COBB Active Member

We've experienced this a few times in the life-cycle of the vehicles and have added support as necessary. Ford has the ability to apply calibrations to previous model year cars if they choose to do so. In this event, we typically review the code and calibration changes from one revision to the next to determine the real world necessity. If the changes are minor, we'll continue along with the same calibration. If they are major, we can create new vehicle support or merge the model years together. During the uninstall we restore the most up-to-date family ROM based upon the vehicle identity during installation. We try to make all of this as transparent to the user as possible, leaving all functionality the same.

We'll have more information on what may change once we've analyzed the MY15 FiST ROM files from Ford.

-Braden @ COBB
  4. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Headed to Innovative Tuning in Buffalo on Thursday to get a couple of custom tunes for my Stage 2-ish setup: Injen intake, 2JR catted downpipe and 3" catback. They are going to do an STX-legal autox tune and a full on 93 octane tune for me. I will post up my charts and general impressions of the shop once I get back. Wish me luck!
    RodMoe and ghostwhite like this.
  5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

hmmmm would you be able to share said tune ish ?? lol
    mossdahaus likes this.
  6. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Custom tunes are locked to a VIN.
    Unless Cobb provides them for all to use.

RodMoe likes this.
  7. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I was afraid this was the case but i was hoping ... fair enough and understandable... no free lunch
  8. wash

wash Active Member

I believe you can share tunes created by Accesstuner race and with the professional software you can lock tunes or share if you want to.

Every Accessport is locked to the ECU so you can't buy one and then flash a whole bunch of cars, you need one for each.
  9. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I think the ATR custom tunes can only be shared with other ATR users. I could be wrong, (it's bound to happen some day :confused:)
  10. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yes and if the Pro tune is left unlocked .. for some reason i had forgotten that the Pro tunes can be locked down .. no matter it is all good ..
  11. Ronbo

Ronbo Member

Just noticed the V102 maps are posted on the Cobb website.
    ryst likes this.
  12. __V__

__V__ Member

New Cobb maps are out, V102 for 91 & 93

Update notes.....
    Adjusted closed loop fueling targets to ensure all I/M readiness monitor tests were capable of running. Set
    Launch Control RPM to match Primary Rev Limit to allow full sweep testing on 2WD dynamometers. Adjusted
    torque targets in all gears at WOT for increased performance.
  13. ryst

ryst Active Member

Can we do... launch control now?
  14. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Launch control is available through through the Accesstuner Race download
  15. Eric Pittman

Eric Pittman New Member

Yes but doesn't Cobb provide today with the focus without access tuner race?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  16. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yes but they only recently got that after what a year of the car being out ? I am sure we will get it at some point ..
  17. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

Need some input with you guys that have factory warranty and higher mileage.... Does the AP void factory warranty? I know you can swap back to factory settings but someone was telling me the dealership can see that it had been reflashed. Any insight would be great!

18. smatty

smatty Member

I think the consensus was that it was difficult and costly for your local dealership to check if it has been reflashed. You probably still run the risk of having a warranty claim denied if you run into a mechanical or ECU issue and the dealership knows it's flashed.
  19. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as voiding your warranty altogether. They can deny a specific warranty claim if they can prove that something you did was outside the intended use of the car. The tune can be removed but they probably still detect it was there if they look hard enough. if something bad happens, and it's because of something I did (such as loading a tune) I will have to accept responsibility and pay for it. They can't deny a claim for something that isn't related to the tune.
  20. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

I've tried searching for this info, and I figured if I post about it here, I'll get a decent answer. I'm on the v102 93 Stage 1 tune and up-to-date firmware. What monitor should I be looking at to keep on top of any possible knock issues and fuel quality? I found the monitor 'fine knock learning' from a Subie forum but it seems absent on my AP. I've been using Oct.Adj.Lrn instead and Knock sensor cyl.1?
  21. mossdahaus

mossdahaus Member

Ign Corr Cyl 1. You are looking for any POSITIVE number (unlike the OAR where you want to be at -1.00). Any negative number means its pulling timing. Hope this helps!
    BlackBird likes this.