The COBB Fiesta ST R&D Master Thread

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by COBB, Aug 22, 2013.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. COBB

COBB Active Member

The standard limiter set, 6900 for 1.5sec then 6800 thereafter. It is designed for racing uses, which is why the requirements are so strict.

Cheers,

Braden @ COBB
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RodMoe and BlackBird like this.
  4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Sweet that explains why my datalogs look like I am scared of 7k redline .. Thanks

5. totusPorcus

totusPorcus Member

ok. been waiting.

questions... i have your turbo back installed on my WRX. i did it myself (the install). was easy. how easy is the install on the fiesta ST? (or difficult?) i am fairly advanced in mods, i replaced the intercooler, injectors, turbo, boost control etc and tuned it for e85 with ATR. question also covers the motor mount. no mods on this car yet. thinking about a slightly bigger turbo and matching intercooler but want to let others venture out on the bleeding edge first.

would like to install the turbo back, the motor mount and access port and stageIII map. Also, i cant remember but if you buy ATR can use use the Stage III map as a starting place? is it 'viewable'?

finally, does the downpipe have a place for a wideband? and it works with ATR like it does with the WRX? i have innovate wideband.

just checked 2.5 inch and not 3?

6. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

I'm not so sure I'd be installing the Stage 3 map with just the turbo-back exhaust. Stage 2 requires an intercooler and intake, so I'm gonna assume those parts are required for Stage 3 too.

7. ryst

ryst Active Member

\

Cobb said in another post (I forget where). That 2.5" would flow fine and support any mods you could potentially do to the 1.6L engine. Also the DP is 3"

8. SgtBenway

SgtBenway New Member

Still no word on when the stage 2 is coming?i am really looking forward to represent the FiSt in this area full of VTEC fanboys.

Firesail and spangenb like this.
  9. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

I've read elsewhere that COBB releases tunes on the last Tuesday and hard parts on the last Thursday of the month, so now I guess we wait until July.

10. COBB

COBB Active Member

If you can do injectors on a WRX, you'll be fine installing the TBE on your Fiesta ST ;)

All of our maps can be opened and viewed or modified using Accesstuner, so they are a great starting point for a custom tune. Also, no need to add an extra WBO2, the car has an accurate one right from the factory!

Ian

11. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Ian,
    It's a little tricky to get to the Ford maps on your site. To get to the FORD listings you have to click on the AccessPORT for Fiesta or Focus then inside the listing click "MAPS" and you can then get to the part of the site for the maps.

But if you just try to go straight to the maps page the Ford stuff is not there.

12. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

13. totusPorcus

totusPorcus Member

youre right about the injectors. the green brackets of death are no fun to deal with.

thanks one last question. is cobb going to come out with an intercooler upgrade or should i look to other venders for that part?

14. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

They are going to come out with an intercooler. I read that they got delayed and so they released the exhaust instead.

15. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

They have one planned and tested, maybe it will come out at the end of july

16. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

I am hoping we get FMIC and Intake in July.

No rumors to support this, just hopeful speculation.

17. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

I got a chance to see the intake yesterday. It's awesome!

18. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

No spy shots?

19. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

Haha, no. I did snapchat it to a friend though lol.

Edit:

At 0:25 you can see the intake. It utilizes that plate near the bottom center and green cone filter.