The COBB Fiesta ST R&D Master Thread

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by COBB, Aug 22, 2013.

1. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Will we see any sort of launch control Or do I need to buy extra tires ;) lol also is there any way to turn of the TPMS light on the dash if I run track tires I most times don't bother with the extra cost as I watch my tire pressure pretty well. just askin :troll:
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    ronnie karlen likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

Looking good, Braden!! :cool:

Can't wait to get some programming on our Fiesta ST!
  4. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

Speaking of warranty. Is ford able to tell if you've flashed your ecu even if you flashed the stock map back before bringing it in?
  5. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

241ft/lbs! Yeesh. I'm in trouble. Can't wait to see what other tweaks will do to this car.
  6. Removed

Removed Guest

Looks great, 7whp with just a couple days of tuning - hoping the official tune gets us into the 200+ range (without overboost).
  7. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Amazing keep up the good work!! What a motor
  8. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

Keep it coming!
  9. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

A question for the people at Cobb.
    Always the first thing that is changed is the down pipe.
    I can understand if that was a restriction.
    But I am sure that the limiting factor is also the exhaust side turbo inlet pipe.
    Now since this is part of the head and cannot be altered without porting.
    How much can the down improve the tune?

10. COBB

COBB Active Member

We will likely see a similar upgrade path on the FiST as compared to our FoST. The biggest hindrance is heat and that is not resolved be trying to extract more power from back pressure losses. I will be testing our prototype turbo back exhaust next week with stock tuning and our Stage1 preliminary calibration to gather data.

While I expect the car to pick up some power with the exhaust, it will ultimately be limited without a reduction in charge temps. This is why we typically recommend the intake and intercooler as the first mods for the FoST and its looking similar for the FiST.

-Braden @ COBB
    Sent using Tapatalk
  11. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Thanks Braden,
    I too agree that a reduction in charge temp is the best answer.
    I know that Cobb will ultimately choose/manufacture the best products.
    I just hope you can come up with a good source for cold air.
    Not just under the hood for more volume/noise.

Please put me on your list for one of your first packages.
    As I stated before, "I am ready to pull the trigger".

12. I cannot for the life of me find out exactly what turbo make and part # the 2014 Fiesta ST uses. Assuming you guys at Cobb know, can you pass it on and is this thing maxed out at 21PSI or is there a little more boost available in this thing? Not sure there's another car out there with 21PSI stock so I'm thinking not much is left in this guy. Just curious of course.
  13. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

It is a Borg Warner KP39.

14. Thank you! Do you know anything about it? I'll start searching now.
  15. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Not a clue!

16. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

Just did a tiny bit of research and saw it said that the max out of the kp39 is 23psi (who knows if that is true). Apparently the kp39 came stock on some audi a-4's. Their common upgrade path from the kp39 was a garret vnt-17. Hope this helps.
  17. Thanks! As always one of the first things people with boosted cars do performance wise is up the boost. I did this on my Mustang SVO and for sure on my 2003 Cobra with a simple pulley change. At 21PSI stock on the Fiesta, I have to think this particular turbo is nearly maxed out from the factory. Just like the V6 eco boost turbo configuration. Will be interesting if true modders upgrade to the vnt-17 like the Audi boys. Or go another route.
  18. swansong

swansong New Member

Just as a confirmation, these are wheel numbers right? If so, given a conservative estimate of 10% drivetrain loss, we're looking at 201 HP and 268 TQ at the flywheel with just some tuning. Fantastic.:D

Looks like Ford is underrating the 1.6L Ecoboost a bit, just like they did with the 2.0L.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  19. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

All these post's are making me eager to put up the money for a fiSt when they hit show rooms.
    Of course mods will happen cause i cant leave anything alone.
  20. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Any new updates :)? Patiently waiting
  21. Hitokiri

Hitokiri New Member

Thank you Cobb for all that you guys have done for the Focus and Fiesta communities. 240+ lbs of torque - wow! I