The COBB Fiesta ST R&D Master Thread

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by COBB, Aug 22, 2013.

1. COBB

COBB Active Member

All dyno charts are shown with measured wheel horsepower (WHP). No new updates right now, but hopefully soon! The R&D happening in the shop right now is exciting! Makes me want my own Fiesta ST to play with...

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FSWerksVP

FSWerksVP Active Member

We're anxious to get started on the ECU with our lovely CA 91 octane. :eek:
  4. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Ian!
  5. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

Any plans for a pcv catch can?
  6. LICmotorsports

LICmotorsports New Member

With Cobb backing the ST, it's one of the reasons I want to move forward and get one as my daily even though all I own and work on is Subaru. This is one of the first cars that's intrigued me enough to venture away after owning 20+ Subarus. I just think it will make for a fun, quick and decent mileage and hopefully add a little diversification to our Subaru only business. -Adam
    COBB and aborbs87 like this.
  7. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

I would love to hear what the 0-60 is with the 181/241 tune. :)
    Removed likes this.
  8. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Did you ever get a reply on turning off the TPMS?
  9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

not yet
    ronnie karlen likes this.
  10. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Bump on the question of turning off TPMS via the tune ?? also as product roles out will we need to update the tune to take advantage of the new air box, FMIC or down pipe of Hiflow cat and catback exhaust or is the new tune provided when we buy the next stage upgrade ?? Thanks
  11. TWDM

TWDM Member

Seeing the tunes for the Focus ST. I think they'll just release downloadable tunes for each stage as the parts come out.
  12. wash

wash Active Member

I'm not concerned about TPMS, its just a light.

What I would like to see is good control of the throttle by wire system. I read about Vorschlag having issues with augocrossing a 5.0 because the pedal wasn't very linear. If you add a bunch of low end torque to an ST the throttle needs to be very linear so that you can balance the car with your foot.

Also I seem to notice that I have more power at certain times. If I've been cruising on the freeway for a while (6-7 miles) it seems really eager but stop and go driving can make it a little sluggish at low rpm. Maybe that's heat soak but I hope its something that can be tuned out of my car.

If they had accesstuner software ready I would be combing over all the maps, data logs and talking to a friend of mine who has tuned some very high dollar turbocharged cars professionally. I bet he would enjoy direct injection and TiVCT because he didn't have that back in the day when he was making 120 HP/l engines that drove like stock.
  13. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Isnt that the tip in on the drive by wire that make it seem laggy or at least my 11 GT seemed that way till I dropped a tune in on it then it was like it shoud have been from the factory...Though you needed to drive it like you knew what you were doing as response was very much improved .. tire wear suffered LOL
  14. wash

wash Active Member

It was the other way around I think, a little pedal produced too much throttle opening and instead of accelerating through a sharp turn the rear end would lose traction and start a spin.
  15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

that could be but it was noticeable in how "Crisp" what car drove after that like they took the delay out Reminded me of the old days when you had linkage or cable throttles
  16. wash

wash Active Member

Well fun does not always equal fast so let's make sure it can do fast.
  17. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

LOL Somethings are fun to do slow too :woot: I agree it needs to fast as well as Quick :joyful:
  18. Deanh

Deanh Member

perhaps this is an ignorant question, but I have to ask, where is Cobb located, being here in So Cal, we have no idea if these mods are taking place here ( in which case we need CARB certification ) or in the EU....there are all these wonderful performance boosts taking place, yet I have no idea if they will even be available here or we will solely be stuck with the usual K @ N or CAI bandaid along with a cat back system and thats it. And if its Ford racing Parts, if its anything other than a Mustang...thats the limit!....arg!
  19. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

COBB Tuning Headquarters: - Map
    2311 W Rundberg Ln. Suite 500, Austin, TX 78758
  20. Deanh

Deanh Member

thx Rodmoe....second question, are you going to cater to the customer base in CARB run California?....
    RodMoe likes this.
  21. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

As a retired CA. Smog Tech. I can tell you that there is NO CARB approval for a Tune.
    There is no test to see if a Tune has been installed except the tail pipe emissions test.
    Most tunes make the car more efficient and therefore cleaner.

golfhack likes this.