The COBB Fiesta ST R&D Master Thread

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by COBB, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Deanh

Deanh Member

good to know, seriously Californians seem to be left out on the vine sometimes.....I STILL dont think theres a CARB certified CAI avail for the Fiesta...Ford Racing frustrates the shite out of me....they should heed Mopar for gods sake...

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

CARB is NOT required as long as you do not change the MAF or after it.
    Also NOT required if you change after the CAT.
    The only CAI on the market NOW that is legal is the mountune as the only change is before the MAF.

Dave

4. Deanh

Deanh Member

blows my mind how much Ford Racing seems to leave the market unto others....barring the Mustang of course....

5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Their name says it all.
    They are NOT, Ford Every Day Driver.

Dave

6. Deanh

Deanh Member

good to know, thankyou david....this is humourous though, I literally work at a ford Dealer...thus my angst to ford Racings foot dragging, and ironically, its the EMPLOYEES that have snapped up the first batch of our Fiesta ST's.....so, being the tweek-aholics that we are, we will anxiously be watching both COBB and Mountunes progress....I also understand they work together and may have a base here in So Cal....

7. COBB

COBB Active Member

Although our headquarters are in Austin, TX, we do have a location in SoCal! We don't have a time frame for any CARB approved Fiesta ST parts right now, but it is something we are investigating. CARB policies are now in several other states other than California as well.

We recently worked with SEMA and CARB to provide the first aftermarket CARB Approved tuning package for the Focus ST: Ford Focus ST Stage 2 CARB Power Package. Whether or not the tech checks for the tune being CARB compatible is another question, but if they ask or check, we are the only ones that have done it so far!

Ian

8. Deanh

Deanh Member

thx Ian, good to know....I will say this though, based on what im witnessing i beleive the Fiesta ST will outsell The focus ST...so my fingers are crossed "tunes" for the fiesta will become more prevelent........

9. totusPorcus

totusPorcus Member

im in the market for one of these. i have your access port, access tuner race, and turbo back on my 2003 wrx. i run both 93 and e85. tuned myself.

are you planning a kit similar to the Focus ST? i would be interested in that,same stuff as your stage III. also i assume if you do a turbo back there will be a socket for a wideband O2 sensor.

this will be my next project car. been very pleased with what you came up with for the wrx.

10. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Cobb,
    I do hope you will be putting out other tunes for the Fiesta very soon.
    Also the race tuner would be a great add.

Dave

11. COBB

COBB Active Member

Stage 2 maps (and parts!), Stage 3 maps (and parts!), and Accesstuner for custom maps are all in the works!

Ian

12. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

That is great to hear.
    Now my next request,

:)Work Faster.:)

Dave

13. COBB

COBB Active Member

You can always get the AP now, and then when the new maps are released, they are a free download away. ;)

Ian

RodMoe likes this.
  14. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Will the new/current version of the AP be supported in Windows 8.1?

Dave

15. wash

wash Active Member

Speaking of software compatibility, do you have a suggested laptop for Accesstuner Race?

I like having dedicated hardware so that I can isolate problems easier.

16. COBB

COBB Active Member

We are currently working on 8.1 support and it will be available very soon. Once support is available, any current AP will just need a firmware update on a non-8.1 computer to work (due to Microsoft's new driver operations in 8.1).

Any modern laptop works great. A lot of our calibrators like to run Macbooks that dual boot into Windows and we have seen customers using Windows 8 tablets as well.

System Requirements: Windows: XP 32 (not 64bit), Vista (32 or 64bit), Windows 7 (32 or 64bit), or Windows 8 (32 or 64bit).

Ian

17. Drumr90

Drumr90 Member

This is all exciting news from cobb. Now im itchin to pull the trigger on the fiesta st.

18. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

The AccessPort DOES now work with Windows 8.1
    The firmware is ok.
    I was the computer software that was in question and that works just fine now.

Dave

19. TWDM

TWDM Member

Looks like Cobb has a new air filter (no new airbox required).

20. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I believe that is just a K&N filter.

Dave

21. wash

wash Active Member

Its similar but probably some sort of private label.

I just bought a K&N so when I saw it I made that Homer Simpson doh noise.