The COBB Fiesta ST R&D Master Thread

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by COBB, Aug 22, 2013.

1. TWDM

TWDM Member

How about for people who already bought it?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

When running a vehicle health report in the MFT is it safe to keep the tune or revert back to stock tune?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I ran mine with the 91 tune install it did not kick up any flags that i saw ..

ronnie karlen likes this.
  5. stuntdoogie

Ok thanx moe....

RodMoe likes this.
  6. stuntdoogie

Was just afraid it would send info back to Ford about any changes in the ECU.

7. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Big Brother seeing changes in the ECU might not fare well with the warranty gods :wideyed:

8. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

I'm assuming the tune from Cobb is no different than the tune from Mountune. If you look at the "Mtune" and Accessport side by side, they are identical except for the different skin cover. Even the graphics on the screen are the same.
    http://www.mountune.com/index.php/services/performance-upgrades/mtune
    I've had my Accessport 91 octane tune in my ST for almost 2 months with no issues, codes popping up or anything. Once Ford approves of the Mountune accessories in the US, we really shouldn't have to worry about our warranty being affected. At least I hope not.

9. wash

wash Active Member

If you want to use a Ford approved canned tune, the Mtune might offer that but I doubt Ford is going to approve anything that the end user can tune. That leads me to believe the Mtune will be quite locked down compared to the Accessport.

10. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Warranty void or not, I have no regrets installing the Accessport. The car just feels more responsive with the tune, I won't even consider going back to stock.

spangenb likes this.
  11. COBB

COBB Active Member

Mountune has their own calibrations and only use our Accessport device to
    load the maps. We do all of our own R&D and vehicle mapping in-house in Austin.

Ian

kamakazee likes this.
  12. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Thanks for the clarification, Ian! So I have to ask, when do you guys plan on releasing an intake kit and is a retune necessary since I already have the 91 octane map?

13. COBB

COBB Active Member

We are working on getting production ramped up ASAP! It will work great on the current Stage 1 mapping, no specific tuning required.

Ian

14. stuntdoogie

Ian that aounds great and all but will there be any power gains from using your intake and tune alone is the question? I know you cannot answer this atm since its still WIP but that is a question everyone wants to know eventually.

15. COBB

COBB Active Member

We will have dyno numbers from everything once testing is complete!

Ian

TWDM likes this.
  16. stuntdoogie

Okays.

17. Monochrome

Monochrome Member

Do you guys need any help with the code disassembly side of your product? My experience has been with the H8/500 and SH2 chips used in the Mitsubishis. I'm quite versed with IDA and a simple hex editor. :)

Some things I could offer you guys would be assistance in the OBD2 side of the ROM and even adding ROM mods (things like MIL warning lights and static rev limiters for launch control).

18. wash

wash Active Member

A two-step with anti-lag could be entertaining.

19. badmoonkid24

badmoonkid24 Member

Well I'm waiting for launch control for my cobb unit myself

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

20. COBB

COBB Active Member

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Careers-s/70476.htm

:)

Ian

21. badmoonkid24

badmoonkid24 Member

I Love cobb uploadfromtaptalk1392027834901.jpg