The COBB Fiesta ST R&D Master Thread

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by COBB, Aug 22, 2013.

1. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

COBB im itching to buy an intake and exhaust....FSwerks exhaust is looking mighty tempting. Im waiting to see what you guys have to till april before I start to splurge. Spending my vacation week on modding my car :) Whats the eta on your hardware release?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

The next track day I will be at is on 3/29/14.
    I plan to use better then 93 octane fuel for this event.
    If I use the current 93+ map, will I have the same issues as McRib had?
    I know you worked with him to fix this.
    Do you now have a revision for this map?

4. COBB

COBB Active Member

This issue is resolved in the upcoming Stage1 v101 update. There is no guarantee that the issue would happen to your car running the v100 map, but the likelihood was higher during extended session track events. This update will be available on 3/25 along with new firmware and new software for Accesstuner users.

-Braden @ COBB
    stuntdoogie likes this.
  5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Great to hear.

6. @COBB, I am wondering if there is any watermark left on the factory ECU with the Access port, or if the modification would be picked up by the vehicle health report, I read through this forum but couldn't find a definite answer, don't know if I missed it, its still early and my head is a little foggy. :)
  7. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

There isn't any sort of a watermark on the vehicle health report, though I would uninstall the tune before submitting it, personally - though there probably isn't much need to actually do this. The AccessPort cannot be detected after-the-fact if you've returned it to stock tune, if my understanding of everything is correct.

I'll let Cobb chime in here but it's been heavily discussed that the dealers can't "tell" you tuned the car - and IIRC cobb's answer then was that it would be very very difficult, logistically, to get someone from detroit to fly out and look at your car and have a ford software engineer try and prove you had a tune. while very very VERY remotely possible, it is EXTREMELY unlikely as the expense is too great for any dealer to do it.
  8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yeah more better software ...
    ronnie karlen likes this.
  9. tk288

tk288 New Member

Any plans on incorporating the AP software into an app for a mobile phone? I already have a stand for my phone, so adding another for the AP will make the dash a bit clutter.
  10. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Here it is #/25 the last Tuesday of the month.
    I see nothing.

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Came out this afternoon
  12. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

But he promised.
    I am going to the track on Saturday so Monday doesn't do me much good. :(

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  13. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

BTW, RodMoe
    Thanks for the info.
    I don't do Facebook or Twitter.

Firesail likes this.
  14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Anytime Dave ;)
  15. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

hmmm, have my accessport in right now and cant seem to locate any v101 maps/updates....
  16. svt3d

svt3d Member

the is being pushed out till the 31st. You will need to load them from your computer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  17. moshaholic2

;) thats what was meant when I said my accessport was plugged in now...

I mis-read Rodmoe's "came out this afternoon" to mean the files (but it was in regards to the 31st announcement)
  18. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

LOL thanks man I lmao when i read this thinking I came out.. not that that's a bad thing .. ;)
  19. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

What ever turns you over. ;)

20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Mmmmmmkay hehe
  21. moshaholic2

new maps out. BUT, not sure if COBB has the right tunes there or if their info is wrong.

The Accessport notes say for Stage 1 91v101

"COBB Tuning, v101.00 -- Stage1 91 v101 - Intended for an otherwise stock 2014 Fiesta ST (B299ST) vehicle with a stock exhaust, and a stock intake system. 93 octane fuel minimum (95 RON). Boost Targets: ~20.5psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~13.5psi by the 7000 RPM redline, +/- 1.5psi."

I wont re-flash my car until I get clarification.