The Delivery Pic Thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. wash

wash Active Member

Here is mine being driven to me by the service guy: IMG_20130903_232626.JPG
    toad37 and brian like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Flaco1

Flaco1 Member

Nice pictures ! Sorry you guys in New York have to run front plates just plain ugly !
  4. WmJay

WmJay Member

You're telling me! I'm already Trying to figure out how to relocate it to a better spot, I don't see a punchout for the tow hook.
  5. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Btw thank god I ordered performance blue! Looks amazing.... Also never try to modify the front plate in New York.. I moved it once and the fine is a lot of $$$$
  6. SX86

SX86 New Member

Here's mine !!!
    Also, very strange, it came with a Festive (Fiesta) baby...!

toad37, rempwnz and Steve like this.
  7. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

8. WmJay

WmJay Member

Being that I've never driven a car with Recaros, I won't miss them. Also, I work in construction and occasionally come home pretty dirty. My concern with the premium seats was that I'd essentially stain/destroy them. Black cloth doesn't tend to show much dirt, and can be shampooed fairly easily. The stitching... well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I'm pleased overall with the fit and feel of them.
    One thing that caught me off guard though... I was a bit surprised as how far back I sat from the dash, as I'm only 5'9. My left elbow just barely fits on the door side arm rest. Any further back and It would be unusable. However, the center console arm rest is perfectly positioned and comfortable for my arm length and positioning.
  9. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Cool! Good feedback. I'm about your height, so hopefully I'll feel the same. :)
  10. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

OMG send in the clowns .... kidding that was for BRGT350's sake and he thinks clowns live in his arm rest.. better that than his arm pit o_O.. but I digress .:whistling: I saw somebody else thought the door rests were a tad on the short side too. All in all it a sweet looking ride enjoy :D
  11. a
    Like hearing someone NOT hating on the stock seats. Just not worth it to me personally. Love the fact we're now getting every day Joe taking delivery/driving off the lot with their NEW Fiesta ST. Is there any break in period with these cars? I always did first 3000 miles grandma driving and then full wot a few times but I think that's old school. Probably old school to warm up warm down the turbo as well.
    amathophobia likes this.
  12. wash

wash Active Member

Within about 2 miles I was scaring the poop out of an Audi driver.

I'll probably change oil this weekend (unless you cross thread the filter it never hurts) to clean out the break in lube and give it a fresh filter.

Next weekend I might be going to LA, soon any way. I'll change the oil before or after depending on when I go.

Then there is my first autocross, I'll probably change after that too.

Damn, I need an oil separator!

Any way, break in used to be for flat tappet cams and seating rings.

Now the manufacturers use roller tappets and the rings seal fine when you get the car. Hell, my brakes even seem properly bedded. All that is left is for the filter to pick up all the casting flash and other junk that unintentionally winds up in the engine (not very much) so changing the oil to get rid of break-in lube is a good idea fairly soon and starting with frequent changes makes sure any unintentional stuff gets filtered out instead of bypass on a clogged filter. As time goes by all the unintentional stuff gets filtered out and longer oil change intervals work fine.

Also drive it several thousand miles on dinosaur juice before switching to synthetic, you need the conventional oil to saturate and seal up the gaskets or leaks can result.

I've got to order up a couple cases of Redline too.

MGORDON New Member

14. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Congrats to those who have already picked up their cars!
  15. Wmjay

1.) get rid of the front plate. I too live in a 2 plate state, and have NEVER driven with one. You won't be pulled over for it if you are driving safely.

2.)get rid of the festive "fiesta" logo. It looks ridiculous imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  16. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

17. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

BC plates ! Nice to see a local ST delivered ! Congrats ;)

Vancouver area? How's the suspension holding up on local roads?
  18. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Prince George, in fact. And we have some atrocious roads. Ride is stiffer, but not jarring at all. Very high quality, racey suspension feel. This is the suspension you'd expect from a sport-tuned vehicle, and it's the one you should want if you're buying one, quite frankly.

I won't be taking it on any major road trips to Vancouver very soon, my work brings be down there too often this winter, but I'll eventually want to take the Canyon down, and the Vancouverites need to meet up! Same with you, Mikeygti!
    Mikeygti likes this.
  19. firSTinWpg

firSTinWpg Member

Sweet ride, congratulations. Any chance you could take a few more pics to tide me over until ours arrives in a couple of weeks?
  20. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Absolutely! I'll take some time and shoot a few more. Oh, and check out the Tuxedo Black photos thread, I put a few there already.
  21. Steve

Steve New Member

Signing paperwork right now!!!! Pics to follow soon!
    aborbs87 and TapTapPull like this.