Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts
What tires are u using on those 17's? Ive got same on my focus and im just curious.
Damn me wants these as Summer wheels they look soo Hot!
What are your tire specs/brand?
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
The tires I chose, were: 205/45R-17 Kumho Ecsta PA31

http://www.kumhousa.com/tire/category/car/44B673A2-D5EC-4F27-8C90-235FAE0B3395

I live in Maryland, and as a Michigan transplant, I believe true snow tires just aren't necessary around here. Instead, I went for some All-Seasons, since I could run them for as long as I needed. Also, I have the option of swapping these wheels onto my Focus ZTW in the summer while returning to my stock FiST wheels.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Hatchback

I wanted a light colored FiST, white was my first choice, but instead I got Ingot Silver after seeing it in person. The SUV look has to go though... lol

I too ordered silver, for essentially the same reasons. I don't want to stand out in traffic, I want the car to disappear. These are the wheels and tires I'll be using.. View attachment 292 The wheels are matt grey, going for the monochrome look.

These are Motegi 125 wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A3s
When will your car be here? Be sure to post pictures with your new wheels! :)

When will your car be here? Be sure to post pictures with your new wheels! :)
Meagan said by the 31st. I got a call this weekend from the Salesman who said between the 27th and 29th. He said I would have it THIS year. It's gonna work out really well because my son and daughter will be in town to help me pick it up. I live in Southwest Washington, and the car is coming to Portland Oregon, about 60 miles away.

Reactions: pelotonracer2
Meagan said by the 31st. I got a call this weekend from the Salesman who said between the 27th and 29th. He said I would have it THIS year. It's gonna work out really well because my son and daughter will be in town to help me pick it up. I live in Southwest Washington, and the car is coming to Portland Oregon, about 60 miles away.
Enjoy! I've had mine since 11/25/13 and have already driven the ST 1200 miles. :)

I kind of regret not getting the very first silver I test drove without recaros. The damn orange seats on my tux were calling me but if i could choose again i would go silver. Black is for people who like to wash and wax their car oncr a week...i dont ugh.

I kind of regret not getting the very first silver I test drove without recaros. The damn orange seats on my tux were calling me but if i could choose again i would go silver. Black is for people who like to wash and wax their car oncr a week...i dont ugh.

Heh. I would have gone for a Tuxedo Black FiST if... I had a garage. Black still looks freakishly amazing when it is clean. It just doesn't stay that way for long. No matter what color my car is, I'm always out there rubbing the clear coat off with a microfiber cloth and Maguire's Quick Detailer. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm anal retentive (or OCD). lol :p

Reactions: LuvfiestaST
But at least silver always looks clean even when its not lol...one of tje reasons i loved my silver TL. Ive gone weeks without a wash and still would get compliments on how nice it looked.

But at least silver always looks clean even when its not lol...one of tje reasons i loved my silver TL. Ive gone weeks without a wash and still would get compliments on how nice it looked.

Well, most of the time any ways. These wheels look like rubbish when they get a lot of brake dust on them.

Lol no kiddin! Thats why i bought black sparcos.

Yeah, hopefully they are painted gloss and not matte black (I can't really tell from the pic you posted). Matte black looks almost just as bad with brake dust on them.

Yeah, hopefully they are painted gloss and not matte black (I can't really tell from the pic you posted). Matte black looks almost just as bad with brake dust on them.
Brake dust is matte black, so how do they look bad? I have matte black wheels and I can't tell when they are coated with brake dust. That's the reason I went with matte black on one set and I Plastidipped the other set (Plastidip is also matte).

Brake dust is matte black, so how do they look bad? I have matte black wheels and I can't tell when they are coated with brake dust. That's the reason I went with matte black on one set and I Plastidipped the other set (Plastidip is also matte).
With brake dust, my Konig Deceptions looked grey-ish brown. It looks bad, I can assure you. :p

Come to think of it I haven't noticed any brake dust on my matte black winter wheels :)

The tires are Michelin Pilot Sport A3s. .. All season.. Everything I've read says that they outperform most Summer Only tires in the Summer, but they're all season tires, even good in light snow. The wheels are Motegi 125 in Matte Gray. I'm kinda going for the monochrome look... I was considering having the calipers painted red, but I'm thinking now that they look good in the silver to match everything else.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.