The Itasha 2.0? Time will tell.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by SirSlaughter, May 24, 2014.

1. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

More details and photos of the VW. :)

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

Hey guys. I am back. I went to cars and coffee Nasvhille yesterday and had a blast. I found some Focus STs and started convincing them all to move into one spot together. A few minutes later I am in between a few Focus STs as the only Fiesta to show up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While I was there I got to see the most beautiful cars you could ever see. This is the second time I have come to the event and I plan to go there every time they host it from here on out. I always enjoy it so much.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If there is anyone in the TN area that is willing to make a trip to see these kinds of cars, the address is 633 Frazier Drive, Franklin TN.
    I come in from Clarksville and I know a bunch of people who come in from Memphis and even other states just to see this kind of event. It isn't a show. It's just a simple cars & Coffee...with supercars...beautiful, luxurious sportscars. And many many others.
    You see every kind of car.
    Here is a page to the facebook page that they have.
    https://www.facebook.com/carsandcoffeenashville/timeline

No other news than my rear seat belt covers coming in. I'm waiting for my dad to get back from his trip for me to install my ST ghost lights and braided brake lines.

You mean this one?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VW bug. Herbie tribute. My father and I have plans to redo the entire paint job and have the stripes and number painted on instead of decal. The ones that are on there right now were not done well and they did a really shoddy job on everything. It's an awesome little car and everyone love it, but quality wise, it isn't the best.

It's been modernized on the inside so that means powered seats with leather, subwoofer and amps in the back with a nice new car stereo with video player, and the rear seats are nice leather as well.

I believe my father said it was a 67 or 68. I have to ask him later. I'll take some more pics and get some better details later on today.

4. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

5. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

Your pic just made me realize the BOV adapter is a lot bigger than i expected. Do you like it? Can you keep it quiet in lower revs? How was the install?

Sorry for all the questions, but i keep ALMOST buying it, then waiting to see how people like it.

6. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

1: YESYESYESYESYESYES! I love it!
    2. You are indeed able to keep it quiet in lower revs, but you must accelerate very slow. Basically ANY turbo spool will cause a nice and loud Honda deterrent to occur.
    3. The install was actually very simple. There are 3 bolts to remove. You take out the factory thingymabobber and then you slip it on to the adapter.
    Then you just slide it back in place and bolt it back on. (I suggest you use locktite)

The only problem is this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The position it is located. It's right at the bottom of the turbo. This normally isn't a problem, but your hand is gonna be in a really weird spot, your arm is going to do some crazy maneuvers, and your tools will most likely not fit.

I had to use 4 different tools before I found that my original tool was best suited for the job because it could be angled (computer repair kits come in handy with this car).

But my hands are small and slender. My wrist has the circumference of a small carrot. So I am able to reach very..."exotic" places in my car with relative ease. The install is simple, but the process is arduous and time consuming if you aren't slightly thinner or if you don't have the right length tool.

It took me less than 30 minutes (not including the time taking pictures and taking quick water breaks. But be warned...it's LOUD. Not wake up the dead loud, but more like that guy with the Honda at the stoplight is gonna wet himself loud.

Next stop! INJEN INTAKE! well, when my friend finally decides to get it in exchange for my paintball gear.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  7. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

That sounds pretty darn awesome... The jealousy is real

8. Teezlr

Teezlr Member

That's my old hood, spent 26 years in the Nashville area great place and lots of cars.

Glad to see you representing!

SirSlaughter likes this.
  9. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

Hello people I have returned. I'm still waiting on the Streetglow underbody kit. But I did receive something else in the meantime:

[​IMG]

Yaaaaaay! I got my tuner styled lug nuts in! I always wanted these and was excited to get them. I was also surprised at how light weight they are compared to the stock ones we get. They seem to be machined aluminum VS whatever those blobs of metal that our stock ones are made of. I don't know if that's good or bad yet. either way the moment I got them in I went and started the swap.

Before:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AFTER:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

can't say I am a fan of those lugs...

SpaceFish and Cesso like this.
  11. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

I was hoping to acquire a new set of rims before these but, these were way cheaper and got here first. So I'm slapping them on for now. I may swap back for a little bit because the seller claims they are not safe for OEM wheels. unsure as to why, but if anything goes odd, I'll do an immediate swap back to stock until I get some rims that would look better with these.

djdennehy likes this.
  12. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

Hi guys. I did a thing. And it has resulted in the worlds most rice Fiesta ST.

So first off, I had to mount the lights. because of the body kit, the side lights are mounted a little oddly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then the rear was mounted:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the front:
    [​IMG]

So to install the wires, you cut the hole in the rubber pieces above the clutch.
    From there you just route your cables through the engine bay. (BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR WIRES AWAY FROM ANYTHING STUPID HOT OR ANY MOVING BITS)
    After you have done that, be sure to zip tie any parts that may sag or cause unwanted slack. I bypass much of this by routing a lot of cables through the actual frame of the car in the undercarriage. There are a lot of holes underneath the car for who knows what and much of the frame is pretty hollow so I just used it to route the cables through there. The cables are secure, away from anything stupid hot or moving, and no need for insane amounts of zip ties.

Also, if anyone gets impatient with you because they want to play board games like Alternity or D&D or Warhammer, you send them your I'm busy face:
    [​IMG]

Now once you have scared off your friends from bugging you, it is now possible to complete your project with no more interruptions.

Once everything is said and done, you wire it to your battery and turn it on for the first time and hope nothing explodes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any previous rice you already had will now enhance the effect of your underglow kit and insure a guaranteed 100KW to your wheels. Your boost will also spool faster and you can now go against Supercars like the Lamborghini or Ferrari at your major city cars and coffee.

Congratulations, you are now a full ricer. Any more rice and you begin Advanced rice. That will be covered in the future. But for now, relish in the fact you have the worlds most Riced out Fiesta...Oh wait, that's just me! Suck it! Worlds first right here! None here shall outrice me! NO ONE!

[video=youtube;Mdk6G4ylObE]

That's it for now, I still have to figure out where to mount that damned controller box and remote charger dock. My dash is gonna have so much shit when I am done.
    Wireless controller for my LED kit.
    COBB Access port (future mod)
    Boost gauge (Future mod)

13. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

I actually kinda like what you did with the back hatch glass. The underbody lights not as much, I feel as though you need to buy a deadmau5 Purrari body wrap to complete the look... But good for you for making your FiST the way you want it.

14. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

Don't give me those kinds of ideas. I should not be allowed to be alone and left to my own devices. This is why things like this happen!

15. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

Been a little bit since I walked in this thread. time for an update dump. PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So yeah...I installed laser projectors that display ST.
    I've added a boost gauge and it required the utter destruction of the OEM hose just before the check valve in order to do it.
    I've busted 1 panel, broken the handle on the driver side door, and destroyed the OEM hose. So far it's going great!

panel: Easy fix, you can't see it as it's underneath another panel and it's clipped down anyway so it's just a little beat up is all.
    handle: another easy fix you can't see. I pulled it off thinking the 2 bolts were all that were holding it it. Turns out it it was melted on so I broke the melted bits, but the 2 bolts hold it in tight anyway.
    OEM tube: now replaced with a silicone tube.

I'm loving this so much! I'm curious at what I should brea-Er, I mean what I should do as my next mod.