The Molten Orange Fiesta ST picture thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Photos and Media' started by WRC Fan, Aug 31, 2013.

1. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_501_in_Virginia

Route 501 near Lynchburg VA is one that I would love to get back to with the ST. I drove it several time with my SES with the FRPP suspension and it was a blast. 2 runs I made on that road were with zero traffic and it was the most fun I had in a long time!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

What's the first one? I found the second one on Google Maps. Looks like fun. One of these days I need to take a couple days to visit the Tennessee/NC area and actually drive several of those roads. Texas has plenty of backroads, but not too many of them are curvy.

4. sumo64c

sumo64c Member

Oops.....the first one was taken at the overlook at deals gap / the dragon. A great time of the year to visit the area is mid/late October to early Nov. when the leaves begin changing color and eventually falling off the trees for winter mode. I'll dig around for some pics.

5. sumo64c

sumo64c Member

[​IMG]
    Looking at my first picture, this is what is right behind where I was standing when I took the picture. =)

Mikeygti likes this.
  6. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Tennessee is just a relentlessly pretty state.

Smokin likes this.
  7. Justin D.

Justin D. New Member

The ST at the top of little cottonwood canyon in Utah uploadfromtaptalk1384636326143.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

8. WScottCross

Mine didn't come with the painted calipers so I did it myself. Orange instead of Red.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  9. wash

wash Active Member

People aren't kidding when they say photos don't do this paint justice.

I saw it in person at SEMA and I wish that I was a red car kind of guy because its a great color(s).

I say color(s) because the paint does shift with changing light and the effect is very pretty. I think I like it more than mystic and all the other factory color shift paints I've seen.

Any way, if you think you want it, you probably do and you should see it in person because it is nice.

Sil3nt611 likes this.
  10. WScottCross

Very true. The sun was setting and mine looked very red. It is simply amazing in the sun!

11. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Yep, it really does look great. I don't care for red much, but the red-orange color is definitely growing on me and I kinda like this color better than burnt orange.

On another note, if you happen to play GTA5, go spray one of your cars a Metallic Lava Red and drive it around in the daytime. That's more or less pretty close to the Fiesta's Molten Orange and it's a way to see the color change virtually if an orange Fiesta isn't near you. Just something I thought of as I've been playing it a lot lately and that's just about the only color I end up spraying all my cars now. :p

12. doudou

doudou Member

13. Mike

Mike Member

How are you liking the Continentals? How do they compare to the Potenza OEMs?

14. WScottCross

Those are the ExtremeContact DWS all-seasons. They certainly don't have the same grip as the stock tires, but they are the #1 rated ultra-high performance all-season tire. I ran them all time on my SES. They are pretty good and they will get me through the Winter. I plan to run the OEM tires during good weather and I have a set of BFG g-Force T/A KDW2 that I used for autocross with my SES. I'll see how those do compared to the OEM tires.

15. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

16. Mike

Mike Member

Do they absorb the bumps more noticeably or marginally than the OEMS Potenzas?

17. doudou

doudou Member

more pictures for you
    it s my winter set up ford svt wheels plastidip black and michelin alpin 205 45 17 work perfect and more smooth on the suspension

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

aborbs87 likes this.
  18. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Doudou that set up looks really good on your ST...tires make your car look dropped. I also bought 205/45/17 A/S tires but waiting for my Black Mcgard lugs and locks to arrive b4 I install. Do you notice a hindrance in acceleration from the bigger size in diameter?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

19. WScottCross

They are marginally smoother. It's not a huge difference.

20. Mike

Mike Member

Thanks

21. johnnyquest

johnnyquest Member

Finally got my ST, in the correct color.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OrangeFist, Bronzit and Smokin like this.