The Official Fiesta ST Network Question and Answer Thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WRC Fan, Aug 20, 2013.

1. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

Do you have any specific question about the Fiesta ST that you haven't seen answered in the Ford material or online reviews?

Ask it here and I will do my best to locate the answer for you!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. wash

wash Active Member

How much power can the direct injection fuel pump support?

Is there a bolt-in upgrade available?

4. WRC Fan

Those are sort of "aftermarket" questions. But, I will certainly add them to the list. I'm sure once the more extreme FiST owners start tweaking we'll have more info regarding those.

5. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Do you know if the montune stuff will be available in Canada or just in the US?

6. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Are the base seats good enough for those of us who aren't autocrossing?

7. WRC Fan

I'll find out.

mrtn likes this.
  8. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

Will the ST have the 3 smaller type rear headrests, or will it use the large outer two with the small center one? Also, do we get the auto dimming rear view mirror?

9. WRC Fan

My thought is, if you are going to drive the car as it was intended, then you should upgrade to the Recaros. The base seats are basically the standard Fiesta seats with a different cover.

Now, that being said, I would tell everyone to try the Recaros before you buy (if at all possible) JUST to make sure they are to your liking. These are performance seats. So, they are snug. I'm a big guy 6'3" - 220lbs. and I found them to be acceptable from a comfort standpoint.

If you can't try the Recaros in a Fiesta ST before you buy, at least seek out a Focus ST and try those seats. They aren't exactly the same, but they are probably close enough to give you a feel for whether they are to your taste. Especially, if you have never owned a car with highly bolstered seats.

Also, while I can't provide anything to back this up, I think the seats do "break in" – like a pair of jeans – a small amount. Say 5-10%? My reasoning behind this is that of the several Focus STs and Fiestas STs that I've been in, I've noticed that some were a bit tighter than I would like, while others were just right for my larger frame.

10. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Oh good ones. I've been wondering that too.

11. WRC Fan

I realized that I spend so much time talking to the ST engineers, that I didn't get any interior shots! But, I think this pic might answer your question.

[​IMG]

Regarding the mirror, I don't believe that is included, or a US option.

12. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I'm in Canada but the standard features list the electro chromatic mirror. But other have been saying that it has been changed to be not included. Yet it's still listed.
    The pic of the rear seats int too clear but all the fiesta ST agents have the large headrests in their cars so I'm assuming we don't get the low profile ones. But again they are ore production cars. Like the one in your pic I assume?

13. WRC Fan

Sorry I didn't grasp the headrest questions exactly the first time. I'm 99% sure they are two talls and one short. It may very well have something to do with US safety regs.

On the mirror, I'm scanning the equipment sheet we were provided at the media drive, and unless I'm missing it, there is no mention of the electro chromatic mirror.

Also, the cars in these pics were production units.

14. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Well at least the headrests fold down and are removable...I can't see out the back with them there. Really curious about the mirror now though. Not a deal breaker, just interesting that its still listed in Canada.... Of course the website is updated once a year it seems.

Edit: just checked the US site and its listed there too...

15. WRC Fan

This shot actually gives you a better view of the rear headrests.

[​IMG]

16. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I stole these pics from fiesta ST agents

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377095985.010748.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377096001.137322.jpg

Then Ford has these on their site!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377096044.289462.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377096051.020800.jpg

17. WRC Fan

Discrepancy! LOL I will clarify with the marketing folks. But, I'd lay money on the site pics as being something that was overlooked by the webmaster. They probably used what they had at the time (you'll remember all of the "Euro-Spec Car Shown" disclaimers) and forgot to update the images to US-spec ones.

18. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Yea that's what I'm betting. But it's still confusing. When I ordered the car I was under the impression it would have the low ones. But after being on the forums or a while its becoming apparent that the pics on the site are wrong. If it was a euro spec picture then why does the interior have the 4 doors?

19. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

And if you look at the regular fiesta it has this pic [​IMG]

They obviously had some thought when making the pics for the site.

20. WRC Fan

Good eye. Probably because these photo bucks are mocked up way before actual cars are built. And, they used what was available.

Or, if they are computer-generated, someone just screwed up! hehe

21. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

The ST configurator on the Ford website actually has the images for the painted wheels and the regular wheels reversed. Has ever since it launched.

Accuracy is clearly not much of a priority. :)