The Official Fiesta ST Network Question and Answer Thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WRC Fan, Aug 20, 2013.

1. timo

timo New Member

Hey Guys,
    Two tall folding headrests on sides and one short in the middle. The FoE cars have three short. FWIW, the short one can be inserted in the left and right side seats.

No electro chromatic mirror in US or Canada...typo :(

Stevelach likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the clarification timo. BTW folks, you can trust this info. :)

4. wash

wash Active Member

Will Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost owners be welcomed here?

After reading about the reason for the split on Fiesta Faction, I think 1.0 owners will have plenty in common with ST owners and the 1.0 will be a pretty nice and easy to mod performance car (Ford already made a ~220 HP 1.0).

Any way, I vote for a permanent 1.0 section.

5. WRC Fan

A 1.0L sub-forum will be added to The Faction with in the next day or so.

This forum will stay laser-focused on the Fiesta ST, and more importantly, high-performance.

6. MGORDON

MGORDON New Member

Looking closely at my car on ETIS, I've noticed some strange Minor Features. Here's what I'd like to know about:

• Brake System - Regenerative - Wha!? KERS?!
    • Inflatable Knee Bolsters - Driver - That's odd
    • Dual Note Electric Horn - Is it an aWOOOga horn?
    • Less Bluetooth - I hope this thing has bluetooth!

7. wash

wash Active Member

The knee bolsters are airbags that are designed to keep you from breaking your legs on the dash in a crash.

I still don't see a reason to segregate Fiesta owners by trim level.

The ST sales Demographic is probably a little different, maybe younger and probably with more discretionary income, both things that marketers generally love.

If you are running this as a business and selling ads, a better demographic with less hits is probably not any better than one place with more hits and a slightly less attractive demographic.

What it does from a practical standpoint for Fiesta owners is fragment the information they might want to see.

I don't like it.

If this were ST Nation doing a split, I could understand that because half the posts in the Fiesta ST section are from Focus owners who can't read.

CarefreeAZ likes this.
  8. WRC Fan

Got confirmation from Ford marketing. The headrests that are in the Agents' car are the correct US-spec ones. The images on the website are incorrect. They thanked the Fiesta ST Network community for the catch and will take steps to fix the error on the site.

rempwnz likes this.
  9. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Remember, ETIS is mainly designed around the European market (which is why "Performance Blue" is listed under it's official name of "Spirit Blue"). As far as Bluetooth, this is a holdover from the Pre-Sync days in Europe when they had Bluetooth and Voice control, but it wasn't the same as Sync.

10. brian

brian Member

I remember reading that the US specific FiST has a different ecu than the euro spec car. Why did they change it and what is different in the programming?

11. Devon

Devon Member

The lack of accountability in Ford's web development section is amazing. These errors have been there for months. Heads should roll, there should be blood in the streets.

12. WRC Fan

We do have a discussion about that going on here:

http://fiestast.net/threads/fiesta-st-ecu-north-america-vs-europe.55/

I will try and find out. But, maybe it comes down to emissions requirements/testing.

brian likes this.
  13. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Does anyone know if the ST will be getting rubber floor mats? Or will we have to use the standard Fiesta's?

14. Removed

Removed Guest

I believe it gets carpeted mats with an ST logo, but will someone who has seen a production car please confirm? I know wash and a few other guys are pretty close to getting theirs.

15. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Yea I know it gets the carpet. But I'm looking to buy rubber mats.

16. Removed

Removed Guest

Ah, I see what you meant. Pretty sure there are no ST-specific all weather mats.

17. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Ah ok. I just looked for focus ST ones now and it appears there are none. I assume the same for the fiesta. Standard Fiesta mats it is. I assume the 2013 will fit the 2014 ST then. Are the Ford mats worth the cost though.

18. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

Will mountune parts not void your warranty here in the US and will they be dealer installed?

19. WRC Fan

Regarding the mats. I have not seen ST-branded rubber ones as of yet.

20. WRC Fan

Still waiting on an official statement on this. But, my gut is that mountune will be more like COBB, in that they will be considered an aftermarket company.

21. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

I think there were plans to sell them alongside Ford Racing parts in the dealerships, with a similar warranty to FRPP. Though, I can't remember if I read that or dreamed it... :D