The Official Fiesta ST Network Question and Answer Thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WRC Fan, Aug 20, 2013.

1. S2r

S2r New Member

However.. If you start the car w the key fob in the car but then drive away without the key fob in the car, it will run without the fob until you turn off the car.. :) (just to clarify) no turbo timer. The car won't look for the key fob again until you go to restart the car again.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Does the 2014 FiST come stock with a turbo timer?
  4. limbo

limbo Active Member

No turbo timer.

I'd like to know more about the turbo, though. Specifically, how is it cooled? Oil and water?
    RodMoe likes this.
  5. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

How much does this turbo cost?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  6. proximal

proximal New Member

Most turbo cars nowadays have a secondary water pump that continues to cool the turbo after the engine is shut off. I'm not sure if the 1.6 Ecoboost has it though; I found this which I think particularly refers to the V6:
    So there's probably *something* to protect the turbo from heat soak. I'd probably still let it cool down a bit after you run it hard, though.

Question about MyFordTouch: if you don't get the navigation option but are using navigation from a phone that is connected through bluetooth, does it play the directions through the speakers? Does it do anything at all?
  7. Dekkoy

Dekkoy New Member

quick question, can you tune to radio stations with the steering controls? I tried it by holding down the right/left trigger but is does something weird, and in the end it chooses a presets.

on my tc, by holding for 2-3 seconds it beeps and it goes to the next station. If I press it once, it goes to the next PRESET.

how to do properly on the ST?

8. Removed

Removed Guest

I'm able to with my iPhone. I can also trigger Siri and have the audio route through the stereo.
  9. Dekkoy

Dekkoy New Member

oh another question, does USA car version have the command "mobile apps" when using the voice activating system of myfordtouch? I read that to access Pandora I have to say "mobile apps", but it doesn't recolonize the command. Maybe my car needs an update, but I cannot register in

10. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

MyFordTouch does not include Applink (yet). Applink is what allowed the interface to Pandora and Slacker, etc on the '11-'13 non-ST Fiestas. I've heard rumors that it is coming, but no indication of when or if it will be available as an update to our existing units> I certainly hope so, that was one feature I used EVERY day on my SES.
  11. davidp

davidp Member

you dont need a turbo timer with a watercooler turbo unless you do a WOT pull then get out of the car right away lol
    Smokin likes this.
  12. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Not sure about the FiST but all turbos are either oil or water cooled these days...
  13. wash

wash Active Member

Back when turbo timers were cool, the reason was because you could cook the oil in the turbo if you shut it off when it was too hot. There were not many water cooler turbos back then I guess.

I'm still a bit worried about the oil because even if water is being siphoned through the turbo, the oil becomes stagnant. If there is more residual heat in the turbo than the siphoned water can deal with, temperatures will rise.

If EGTs can get to 1,500f, that means there is a temperature gradient in the turbo from about 1,500 at the hot side housing to around 200f at the water cooled bearing section. Good synthetic oil is good for maybe 400f, certainly less than 600f (I've seen 600f oil and its not the stuff you would put in an engine).

Any way, a turbo is constantly flirting with disaster but nifty engineering can keep them flirting instead of taking a dump.
  14. confuzdbycloudz

confuzdbycloudz New Member

Hello, new here. I am looking into getting a st. Just wondering if anybody has put a mountain bike in the back? Looking to put a 19" frame with 29" tires. No one has a st in my area yet. Might try to get a regular fiesta and give it a try.

Also wondering about the recaro seats. In Canada we can't get the regular seats. Just wondering how everyone was finding get them? I am a bigger guy and a little worried that I won't like them. Are they the same size a focus st? Because I would have a better chance to try those than the fiesta 's.

15. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I'm 6' tall and weigh 215. I find the recaro seats very comfortable. I might not if I were much bigger, but I really like them. I also sat in the recaro seats in the Focus ST and they felt the same to me.

You're not going to fit the bike in the back without taking the front tire off at least. I had my mountain bike in the back of my SES and it's the same layout as the ST.
  16. wash

wash Active Member

I am built wide and have Recaros.

It can be annoying some times but for some reason it seems fine most of the time.

Where it gets tight for me is in the rib cage, the side bolsters in the seat are about an inch too close together.

I have had one front seat passenger that didn't enjoy the seat very much but I think its a 95'th percentile problem, the vast majority fit, I'm just on the edge and hoping the driver's seat will break in.
  17. confuzdbycloudz

confuzdbycloudz New Member

Thanks for the replies. I figured a bike could fit (with the front tire off). It was the same in my wrx, not really a big deal.

As for the seats I have sat in the the focus st seats. I don't think the sides where a big problem more the blostering on the bottom with my legs. Might have not had the seat in the best position for me. Hopefully I can get the chance to sit in a set again.
  18. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Not directly. You CAN however tell Sync to tune to a particular station (e.g. "f-m one-oh-six-point-seven" or "a-m ten seventy").
  19. ST_Rocky

ST_Rocky Member

Damn I miss SoCal! And miss 94.7 The Wave, and waking up Saturday mornings to my roommate (Hermosa Beach days) blaring out Richard Blade on K R O Q!
  20. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Good to see someone caught that :D
  21. Removed

Removed Guest

Now I'm getting nostalgiac too! I miss Kevin & Bean.