The Official Fiesta ST Network Question and Answer Thread

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WRC Fan, Aug 20, 2013.

1. SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST Member

Yeah, one fuse was blown, replaced it and it blew again. I have a feeling it's my HID kit, I will check that this weekend.

joker96 likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. dislegal

dislegal Member

Thanks for that, however I believe there must be a regional difference at play here. My owner's manual has locking information on page 30, and page 55 only displays instrument cluster lights and their meaning. I also tried the method you listed but no horn chirp :(
    Does anyone have any other ideas? Maybe the AU spec STs are different...?

4. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Ah, That could make a difference :) If your manual lists the procedure, and it's not working, you may have to talk to your dealer.

dislegal likes this.
  5. dislegal

dislegal Member

Yeah there's actually nothing at all (that I can find) in my manual about autolocks/autolocking.

6. Bronzit

Bronzit New Member

2015 FiST New Standard Option:
    According to a PM from Meagan, My official Ford Customer Service contact, Ford has made Global Open (p.71 of the September
    , 2014 Second Printing Owners Manual) a Standard Option on the North American FiST! It was NOT on the 2014's.
    If you have a 2015 FiST & it doesn't work, go to the Service Mgr. or Advisor @ your LD & explain it to them. When they check it w/their higher-ups, they'll find that you are supposed to have it.
    This allows you to open &/or close all of your ST's windows (& possibly Moon Roof) with 1 action of your key fob or door button.

Upon further investigation, I found that this Global Open is NOT available on the 2015 FiST, darn it!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  7. Dennis N

Dennis N New Member

Could you tell me who builds the engine and trans. ?

8. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

I can't remember the specifics about the transmission (if it is a Ford-design or built under license from Getrag or some other OE supplier) but the engine unit is built by Ford of Europe in the Bridgend, Wales UK engine assembly plant.

9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Trans is Built in the UK also at
    Halewood Transmission
    (United Kingdom)
    715 employees
    Note: 50/50 JV Ford/Getrag
    MT82 Transmissions: Transit, also transmissions for other OEM
    B6Transmissions
    Ford B6 6-speed manual with 228 millimeter clutch and dual
    mass flywheel

BlackBird and stuntdoogie like this.
  10. Dennis N

Dennis N New Member

Thanks for the info on the trans, and engine.

Do you know of a mfg of a Bra or front cover for my 2015
    fiesta??

11. DirtyBlueshirt

No specific mention of the ST, but AutoAnything lists two fabric/vinyl bras, a full bra (specifically says S, SE, and Titanium, but may still work for the ST) They also list a hood protector version, which *will* fit the ST as the hood dimensions are identical.

http://www.autoanything.com/car-bras/60A1003A0A0.aspx
    http://www.autoanything.com/car-bras/lebra-custom-hood-protector

12. npoe

npoe New Member

What does the Sport Mode? Is there something that I should keep in mind like more power or what driving aids are turned off?

13. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

In the Manual, page 137.. .... to paraphrase, the car has electronic stability control that applies the brakes to varying degrees to the the appropriate wheel if it determines that the yaw rate is not the same as the direction the steering is pointed. Sport Mode reduces that "interference". Hold down the button for about 10 seconds to turn it off completely.

14. npoe

npoe New Member

Thank you. I had hopes that it was something more elaborated since they named it "Sport Mode" instead of "ESC Off".

15. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

More like ESC Reduced.

16. D-man

D-man New Member

2016 changes? Aside from sync 3 and colour changes, anything else?

I heard that the motor mount has been beefed up (sorry Cobb), but who knows by how much or if it's even true. I do know that Ford gets a lot of complaints over it though.

17. D-man

D-man New Member

another question, do we know when the next gen car will debut? Will 2016 or 2017 be last year for current platform? How are sales numbers for this car? Will it be available in the next gen?

It would be a shame to miss out on this car. I truly believe that the ST is this generations MKI GTI. That's saying a lot from a VW guy, I've been touting the GTI for 15 years in various guises. All great cars but have lost the magic of the original. I think the FiST will convert me to Ford, it really is that good!

stuntdoogie likes this.
  18. DirtyBlueshirt

Good question. The three shows to look out for are Frankfurt, Detroit, and Geneva. Those will be in November, January, and March respectively. If 2016 is the last year for the Mk7, its debut at one of those three. If not, definitely count on a 2018 model debut. I'm still leaning towards 2017 based on concepts I saw in 2013.

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

19. D-man

D-man New Member

and the changes for 2016?

20. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Pretty much just colour changes. Check out the Ford USA configurator.

21. InsTwin

InsTwin Member

That and SYNC3 were the major updates.