The Smoking Tire 100 Octane Stage 3 FiST video

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by BlackBird, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ataru

Ataru Member

But why are you even bothering to try and prove you are right? You are going overboard now. The audience isn't even listening.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

Good question... Why do I care if my fellow fist owners buy $2000+ worth of mods and find out later than don't perform as advertised...

Cyborg turbo, TBE, panda TR6 intercooler, drop in green filter.
    245whp 293Tq V-dyno
    13.3@104mph

4. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

^ Exactly this. I'm never surprised when someone that is trying to make money by selling parts to the community continually 'can't believe the claims' of other vehicles that make good power. There are a ton of factors that go into a dyno run from temperature/altitude/baro, fuel used (not just octane but overall quality), dyno/dyno operators, and so on-even down to the engine health straight off the line from Ford.

I've seen 20-30 whp differences on stock n/a 2.0 motors, so it's not a huge stretch for me to believe that TST's FiST was strong from the factory. TST doesn't have anything to gain by trying to 'sell' me on numbers. High numbers are rarely an instance of someone trying to deceive, and considering the fact that we've already seen similar numbers from vehicles with less modifications on E40...

This is part of what I hate about forums as well. I did rather generous amounts of dyno work for other communities just to watch people that have no idea of what they're talking about try and discount them with their thoughts of how they think a dyno works or how they think a vehicle should be tested. For those that know what they're talking about it just reads like ignorance, but the average member that may have never done a single dyno pull in their life might actually believe the crap.

If anything, this is another good example of why some quality members with actual knowledge either don't post or don't care to be part of the community.

ISO100, koozy and BlackBird like this.
  5. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

Ironically. I don't sell parts on the forum to make money...

245whp 293Tq V-dyno
    13.3@104mph

6. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

I'm sure we all will, and shake our heads. Some of us for different reasons than others. At no point did this post make any sort of sense.

Thank you, Duane. You've made exactly the point I've been trying to make. Some engines even are ridiculously strong for no discernible reason (short of tearing them down to see why---and even then). A good dyno pull is equal parts all the mechanical, electronic, and other tuning as well as environmental special sauce. It happens. It's a thing, and you can either accept it at face value, or move on. At no point in dealing with Cobb, Mountune, etc, have I felt they were trying to misrepresent their products. Maybe it's because my field of study is engineering, or maybe it's because I think it's common sense that such a strategy, in the long run, won't work.

7. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

My other buddy in so cal that got his fist tuned at cobb must have gotten an equally "freaky" stock engine as well...

245whp 293Tq V-dyno
    13.3@104mph

8. Ataru

Ataru Member

and yet if they do perform as advertised, you just made yourself out to be a fool for making an issue out of none.

Dyn085 likes this.
  9. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

And this is part of why your credibility is lacking. When Razor posted similarly high numbers on his E40 tune, you have and continue (on other forums) to discount V-Dyno. Yet ironically your lower DynoJet numbers aren't what's posted in your signature here. And because you're hell-bent on comparing dyno's, that means they would be even lower on a Mustang dyno.

You need to pick one side of the fence or another. I constantly see you contradict yourself like this, and that's part of why many of your recent posts are 'Archived to read only' on other forums. You say dumb things, smarter people correct you, and then you edit your post. Or worse yet, like this thread, you just keep saying more dumb things.

koozy likes this.
  10. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

Ironically also... I post the higher numbers because apparently it is acceptable to post what ever you want without proper testing. If one person/company can completely post want ever they want, then so can I... Right? I claim the 245whp because it really did that and since virtual racers think that is BETTER than a reliable dyno jet, then... So be it.

245whp 293Tq V-dyno
    13.3@104mph

11. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

That's not ironic at all. It does, however, go against everything you said above (quoted below) about posting lower numbers when you're selling something-of which TST isn't.

I can't keep explaining the benefit of using V-Dyno to someone that only wants to argue, and we've been over this plenty of times on the forum that continually deletes my posts. Ironically (which you keep using incorrectly) those were in threads where I was constantly asking you to post legitimate data that people can see and analyze.

I'm glad to see you're learning, though.

12. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

I have a book of raw logs any one can access anytime. I have multiple 3RD PARTY DYNO JET graphs with raw files provided. I have track slips with dates and everything. An I really the one who should be worried about "creditability"? The only car faster than mine currently is ATP's gtx car. And they only BARELY beat me with the GT turbo. I'm still using the stock air box, lol. I have nothing left to prove, its all in black and white already.

245whp 293Tq V-dyno
    13.3@104mph

13. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

I should meantion they were on slicks while I used $76 street tires.

See... There is this thing called, "power over time". 318tq off idle sounds cool on a dyno, but in practice.... It means little unless you only race on slicks from 0-30mph on slicks and never see over 3800rpms

245whp 293Tq V-dyno
    13.3@104mph

14. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

Credibility*

You're right, you did finally start providing what I and others asked for for quite a while back when all you could do was omfgbbq your setup. Again, I'm glad to see you've come around.

And again, Matt has absolutely nothing to prove. I've already seen a few FiST's put down that same power on the OEM turbo. This really shouldn't be anything surprising considering the fuel used. I'm sure that anyone that knows anything about engines/tunes/fuel would agree-especially where others in other forums have tried to get you to understand this.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  15. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

Nothing new to learn out of this post. Redundant words are redundant.

16. BlackBird

Alright, if the flexing is done, let's move on. This isn't a thread to throw down and attempt to prove who has the fastest Fiesta ST (is there such a thing?).

Dyn085 likes this.
  17. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

Why do the numbers keep coming up around this Cobb Smoking Tire thing? I just don't get it.

Since this was done on the same dyno, look at the GAINS, not the number absolute. That is just madness, as proven by all this ridiculousness of people that keep bringing up the peak numbers and internet crying about it.

If you put away the dick measures and look at the data, it all makes sense and is within the realm of possibility. Imagine that. Calming down and using logic creates a logical outcome.

Here is a good example of this crazy logical approach thing, let's settle down and look at the delta gains of two examples:

The Smoking Tire Fiesta ST:

Stock
    189whp/236wtq

Current
    240whp/318wtq

Gains
    +51whp/+82wtq

My Fiesta ST:

Stock
    174whp/210wtq

Current
    220whp/305wtq

Gains
    +46whp/+95wtq

Hey, look at that. Crazy what data and logic combined can do. The Smoking Tire has overall gains that are magically not outside the realm of possibility after looking at the data.

This kind of internet crying is what makes me quit forums. This same thread on the other forum is so out of hand most of the participants should be ashamed... and should try living real life more.

ISO100, Mr UFO, Jonnyz and 6 others like this.
  18. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

I miss your logic and knowledge.

There, I said it.

Applejack, koozy and BlackBird like this.
  19. BlackBird

Razorlab, please don't break up with the FiST community. We'll get lonely. We're not ready for that kind of rejection.

Applejack, iLiptiKal and Dyn085 like this.
  20. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

Not only that, but you see what falls in to fill the void created when common sense and actual knowledge are removed...

21. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

I already agreed with the delta gains on the first
    Page of this thread...

245whp 293Tq V-dyno
    13.3@104mph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.