The Smoking Tire 100 Octane Stage 3 FiST video

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by BlackBird, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

Cyborg turbo, TBE, panda TR6 intercooler, drop in green filter.
    245whp 293Tq V-dyno
    13.3@104mph

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

Then in post #20 you talk about peak #'s again. That is part of the ridiculousness I am talking about.

You are changing the argument each time to fit your point.

If you agree the delta gains are within reason, then the actual power number the dyno spits out should not matter. We all know 2XXwhp means nothing when you trap 104mph with "2XXwhp" on your dyno and another Fiesta traps 100mph with "2XXwhp" on their dyno.

Even more reason to look at the delta gains only. You need to put a stake in the ground and keep it there.

Then if you really want to get logical and wonder why one car is faster than another with the exact same peak numbers on the exact same dyno, you look at power under the curve. With logic, the faster car will always be the one with more power under the curve, given other factors being the same.

but fuck that logic stuff.

koozy and Dyn085 like this.
  4. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

So the logic is.... Equal cars equal power, one will trap 100mph, the other will trap 104mph. The 104mph car makes less power than the 100mph car?

Trap speed is about the best TRUE, un-curptable measure of a cars power there is. You can pretend to be slower by letting off or hitting the brakes, but you can never pretend to be faster...

Name one car besides mine or one dyno'd in so cal cobb's shop that has made even close to 240whp? On a real dyno. Because if V-dyno > real dyno then #1) wow, and #2 guess I really do make 245whp on a dyno, lol.

245whp 293Tq V-dyno
    13.3@104mph

5. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

Logic, you are not using logic, and you are not understanding what I said.

If you have delta gains, ignore the peak numbers as all dynos will be different.

If car #1 makes 240whp on a dyno and traps 100mph and car #2 makes 205whp on another dyno and traps 104mph, all other factors being the same, logically car #2 is making more power so who fucking cares what the fucking dynos are saying peak number wise.

STOP LOOKING AND TALKING ABOUT THE PEAK NUMBER

Seriously.... I was a dyno operator and tuner for years and this "argument" is always the same.

Le' Sigh.

6. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

[​IMG]

And also in that case. I made 275whp !! Lol .

245whp 293Tq V-dyno
    13.3@104mph

7. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

I agreed with the delta think. I quoted it from 5 hours ago where I agreed with it, lol.

245whp 293Tq V-dyno
    13.3@104mph

8. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Alright, this isn't going anywhere. This is why we can't have nice things. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.