The smoking tire: cobb stage 3 fiesta st

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST News and Reviews' started by EvilbluefiestaST, Jun 26, 2014.

1. EvilbluefiestaST

EvilbluefiestaST New Member

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Awesome! Been waiting for Matt's video on this for a while! COBB's TBE sounds really good. I wonder what the car would be making if they got the jungle juice known as 93 Octane which is so foreign to the West Coast.

iLiptiKal likes this.
  4. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I see we get a view of the intake in that vid...

5. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

I'm just sort of surprised that the FMIC and Intake aren't up on COBB's site yet. Can't go Stage 3 without those for the interested parties.

iLiptiKal likes this.
  6. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I could not get the video to play at work, but will be watching when I get home. Really excited to see what Stage 3 produced.

7. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I guess we shouldn't spoil it for you here then?

8. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Damn! I just listened to it with good headphones and I really like the sound! I'm just a tad concerned about droning at highway speed as that seems to be a problem for some system in some cars. I do ALOT of highway miles and that would be a bad experience for me. Once I hear that droning isn't a problem, I'm pretty sure this is the exhaust for me. I do believe Cobb is going to get a chunk of my money over the coming months. :)

9. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

Been waiting for this too, and had a feeling we might see it today with the exhaust parts from COBB being released. Watched it 3 times so far.

I'm also pretty surprised about no FMIC or Intake, and the exhaust being released first. I guess since it's ready and there is demand for it COBB decided to make it available even though stage 2 parts aren't out quite yet. Nice work I say. I hope to hear sound clips of just the catback soon.

10. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

My race dp and fswerks exhaust has no drone at 80mph cruise (i hear tire noise more). With small throttle input it will add a little bit, but nothing the radio doesnt cover up. If you step on it, thats when you hear the exhaust. But if you just keep it mellow, the exhaust is mellow too.

envyist likes this.
  11. mossdahaus

mossdahaus Member

I'll have some up on Thursday...Getting it Wednesday but I have a work meeting. BOOOOO!!!!!!

12. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

Nice, that's awesome! In the meantime I've been watching/listening to this on my home theatre setup multiple times a day because it sounds so nice.

13. mossdahaus

mossdahaus Member

I thought I was the only one to do that....hahaha That was my exact test to decided between Cobb & FS Werks.

14. Paul

Paul Member

05:09 - That is one angry jellybean.

15. Ca5p3r

Ca5p3r Member

Is there a tentative date for the stage 3? I'm definitely going to be saving up for the stage 3. Who needs tires anyways?

16. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

Do you mean stage 2? If so, then it is not announced from COBB yet. Stage 2 will be the intake and intercooler. Stage 3 is the DP and Cat-Back and those parts are available now.

17. WScottCross

Stage 3 is the intake, intercooler and exhaust. It looks like stage 2 and the rest of stage 3 will be the same release since it's the same parts.

18. Ca5p3r

Ca5p3r Member

Sorry, yes. For some reason I was thinking Stage 3 was a package (i.e. Stage 2 plus other parts).

19. WScottCross

It is, but COBB didn't release the stage 2 parts before releasing the rest of what makes up the stage 3 package so they kind of mixed it up a bit.

BlackBird likes this.
  20. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

Well the Stage 2 parts got held up for various reasons so rather than release nothing until then they released the exhaust parts which were ready.

21. WScottCross

Yep. I understand what happened. It just confuses some people when staged parts are not released all at once or in order.

BlackBird likes this.