This is awesome. mountune parts… with warranty.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WRC Fan, Dec 13, 2013.

1. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

mountune, Ford Racing collaborate on Focus, Fiesta performance products...

• Ford Racing and mountune® to develop line of performance parts for Ford Fiesta and Focus
    • Ford Racing to offer warranty on select components when dealer-installed
    • Parts to be distributed through all U.S. Ford Racing distributors

INDIANAPOLIS -- Ford Racing and tuner mountune® are teaming up to develop a line of performance parts for the Ford Focus and Fiesta.

Building on their longstanding and successful relationship in the United Kingdom, Ford Racing and mountune announced today they are teaming up to develop products for Ford Focus and Ford Fiesta customers in North America that are similar to their U.K. offerings.

The collaboration will include distribution of mountune’s European parts and upgrades, as well as co-developed products that are North America-specific.

“mountune’s performance expertise is well known in the European market,” said George Goddu, Ford Racing business manager. “With the advent of global vehicle platforms, it makes perfect sense to work with mountune in North America, just as Ford does in the U.K.

“This is an example of One Ford bringing our enthusiast customers the best performance parts from Europe to the United States,” he added.

Ken Anderson, president of mountune USA, said, “By working together, we can deliver the highest quality products in less time. The Ford Racing dealer network gives us the benefit of first-rate marketing and customer support.”

The mountune/Ford Racing product line will consist of power enhancement and chassis components that will be available to all Ford Racing distributors. The new product line will be supported by the industry-leading Ford Racing technical hotline, with select parts covered by a Ford Racing vehicle warranty when dealer-installed.

Enthusiasts can expect to see availability of mountune/Ford Racing performance parts in the first quarter of 2014.

For news on Ford Racing performance parts, please For news on mountune USA, please
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    mrtn and aborbs87 like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Removed

Removed Guest

4. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Awesome news! However I can handle installing the MP215 kit on my car, lol. Unless it's something such as Mountunes FMIC, I won't pay for labor.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
  5. JP6

JP6 Member

If it's the difference between a warranty or not, I'll pay for the labor.
  6. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I want the MP215 as soon as I can get it.
  7. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Can anyone confirm this is in Canada too? I asked Mountune on their Facebook page and they said yes. So I wanted to double check before I get too excited.
  8. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

I'll roadtrip down to California to get it done if I have to! Or do you mean keeping the warranty in Canada?
  9. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Yea I mean getting the warranty. It says in the release that warranty will remain in tact if they are installed by a dealer.
  10. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Understood, and agreed. I'd get it done tomorrow if the parts can be shipped to me and installed by my dealer.
  11. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

The dealer I work at is a ford racing vendor so that means I can get mountune parts, because I would like to get the mp215 kit
  12. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Hopefully there will be more info in Q1 2014 but if I can just order through the dealer I'll just do that. As long as there isn't an incredible markup... Like that rear cargo mat...$120 for a molded 2x3 ft pice of thin rubber... But I'm off topic... I'll pay a bit more to keep warranty in tact especially since I paid extra to extend it.
    TapTapPull likes this.
  13. wash

wash Active Member

I'm thinking that getting the Mountune short shift kit installed at the dealership with a warranty might be smart with the clearance issues some people have.
  14. audiphile

audiphile Member

In the MP215 kit, does the air filter share the same size/shape as the original paper filter? I'd love that kit if I could keep the non-K&N filter in my car...
  15. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

16. Devon

Devon Member

I've read that in the long run K&N filters are a bad idea - they provide their minimal gains over stock by being more porous to particulate matter and as a consequence don't do as good of a job leaning the intake air.
    reddog99 likes this.
  17. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

18. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member are correct...someone started a thread somewhere about motor oil and it lead me to a scientific study about air filters and how much particulates comes delco was the best by far...K&N was middling....air flow was very good for ac delco and the best at filtering....K & N more air flow I think but a lot of dirt going through.....not a good tradeoff....more dirty air=dirty oil=abrasives in your oil=badness
  19. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Especially if the factory warranty stays intact. That's the biggest reason I'm reluctant to go with a Cobb AP.
  20. sumo64c

sumo64c Member

Oh boy.....this is the last thing I needed to read on this forum. Factory warranty performance? I'm in......
  21. STGarage

STGarage New Member

Ford has always been good about warranty issues with performance parts. The biggest thing to remember is that if you install a short shifter and your head gasket starts leaking, they won't deny your claim because the two parts are unrelated.