Throwout/ thrust bearing

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by Deanh, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Deanh

Deanh Member

ironic, had a similar issue with a 69 Beetle, slight clunking sound when in neutral that disappears when the clutch was pushed in....in getting replaced today before it worsens and causes something bigger, 11000 miles..no biggie, and wouldn't have thought twice if I hadn't had something similar in another vehicle.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Deanh

Deanh Member

update, the noise isn't the throw-out bearing...its the dual mass flywheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4day wait for parts...ugh....wasn't broke, but the noise was there....

4. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Gotta be frustrating! What's your build date?

5. Deanh

Deanh Member

not quite sure, but have had the car since Jan 2nd, been a great car, and truth be told, it was justa subtle knocking sound, but me being sound sensitive figured best to have it looked at...initially i just thought it was the injection system, which in itself is a little noisy, but gradually realized it was something else. No biggie, really doesn't bother me, although i would rather drive the St than the damn Optima Enterprise is giving me..

6. Deanh

Deanh Member

ugh...Chevy spark as a rental....NASTY little car...

7. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Hopefully they'll get your FiST fixed quick and you can get back to enjoying it!

Deanh likes this.
  8. FordService

FordService Official Ford Representative

How did the repair go, Deanh?

Meagan

9. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Was it something that it was doing all the time or did it come and go? Some clutch/flywheel noise (especially intermittent) is pretty common with these clutch setups.

The SVT Focus was notorious for a sometimes noisy clutch, I knew people who never had a noise and others that had it constantly. Mine has been mainly quiet over ten years and two clutches but I have had a few occasions where the clutch would rattle exactly as you describe and the noise would go away when the peddle was pushed. We'll see if it becomes a common thing with these as well.

Steve

10. Deanh

Deanh Member

Mechanic was off yesterday, so hopefully work will start today, fingers crossed, wifey not liking the loan car...Chevy Spark!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually work at a Ford dealership so they see me walking by all the time....so I doubt they will footdrag.

11. Deanh

Deanh Member

was just a knocking sound that was gradually becoming more apparent...and better to address the issue early than to risk something that could possibly leave one stranded and/ or do more damage....

12. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Absolutely, better safe than sorry.

On the SVT setup it tended to be a very consistent noise even though it may not do it all the time, Make sense? It wasn't a noise that usually got progressively worse.

-Steve

13. Deanh

Deanh Member

thx Steve, mechanic is on it, although he is questioning if its the flywheels as he noticed no difference between the old and new...guess we will find out when shes all together and test driven.....at least a notation has been made about the knocking....

14. Deanh

Deanh Member

all done, seems knocking sound is gone....time will tell I suppose...top notch job from the service drive though, they even found and removed a nail in the tire...

Steve@Tasca likes this.