Tiny Turbos Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST News and Reviews' started by koozy, May 15, 2014.

1. koozy

koozy Active Member

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

They just called the FiST the Holy Grail moment for enthusiasts. I like it!
  4. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Chalk up another endorsement of our favorite car.:)
    RavynX and Smokin like this.
  5. smatty

smatty Member

I don't know why I like it so much when I see other people enjoying the car but I can't get enough of the great comments from friends or the internets!
    Smokin and BlackBird like this.
  6. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

A "lightning in a bottle moment in life," wow. Excellent review. I love that they basically reviewed the same car as mine (minus rado grey wheels).
  7. MasterPooBaa

MasterPooBaa Member

Lovely review. Did you guys catch Episode 1 where they review the Fiat Abarth? Not as good a car, but that exhaust tone is epic.
    I wonder if you could somehow plumb the ST to sound like that?
  8. wash

wash Active Member

If I remember correctly, the Abarth has a turbocharged direct injection engine and no muffler, probably variable valve timing too.

Since a muffler isn't in the equation, your exhaust valve timing and displacement are the main factors and they are both similar so I would bet that a Fiesta ST could produce a similar note if you tweaked the exhaust and TiVCT enough.
  9. koozy

koozy Active Member

this is the closest I've heard that kinda sounds like it.

10. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

I don't think the MRT exhaust is very nice sounding, to be honest. The more times I hear it, the less I like it. There's a very harsh underlying note to it that reminds me way too much of the cute-rate rice-a-roni Integras in my area. Something like the Milltek non-resonated sounds heads and shoulders above that.
  11. koozy

koozy Active Member

I'm not too fond of it myself. Nothing currently on the market really piques my interest sound wise. I like what COBB has done for the Focus sound wise and look forward to what they develop for the Fiesta.
  12. MasterPooBaa

MasterPooBaa Member

I guess it reminds me of the original race mini's - so very raucous and hard.
  13. koozy

koozy Active Member

yes the Abarth sounds awesome, but the MRT sounds not so good.
  14. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Nice, I really need to drive one.