Tire puncture... low pressure tire warning system works!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Photos and Media' started by Applejack, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

So, I have had my first tire puncture with the FiST. Looks like it was a nail / screw that caused it. Was a mile or so from home when the dash light came on. Made it home, opened my door, and heard the hissing. With 3300 miles on this car, I think it is cursed.

Tire.JPG

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Don't get too giddy over the success of the warning, it doesn't always work as intended. When I first bought my 2011 Fiesta, I drove around for three days (unknowingly) running eight pounds low in all four tires before the warning turned itself on. The dealer apparently had a bad pressure gauge, because even the spare tire was eight pounds low.

I suppose you could say that the system can be a life-saver, when it works, but this incident taught me to not rely on the system exclusively...

4. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

I don't rely on it. It is supplementary to my ears and eyeballs.

RodMoe likes this.
  5. eRic

eRic Active Member

TPMS is awesome. Eyeballs cannot "see" when your tires are 3 psi low like they were when I was driving home from disco tire and the low pressure warning lamp came on. They inflated my tires to 32 psi because they thought my Fiesta was a Focus. The 2011 Fiesta with 16" wheels needs 35 psi.