TR Motorsports FF10 wheels, finally some pics on a FiST!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Ernesto, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Ernesto

Ernesto New Member

Just got these installed with 215-40-17 Falken RT615K tires, they look much better in person and do weight under 15 lbs. They remind me of RPF1s but with 10 separate spokes, love the track ready look...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, car is super dirty but I wanted to share with all those that are on the fence about getting these. Apparently they will no longer be available after current inventory is sold.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. eRic

eRic Active Member

do the caps fit on the rear wheels or no?

4. Ernesto

Ernesto New Member

Only if you run a spacer, wheels are hubcentric and the rear hub does not leave any space for the cap to clip on.

5. ryst

ryst Active Member

Woah, they look nothing like the pics on Tire rack's website. I like the way they look on your car. Sexy IMO.

Why would they stop making them? Aren't they a brand new release?

6. kamakazee

kamakazee Active Member

Those look great on your car plus they're super light. That is strange that they're on closeout after releasing them for only a few months...

Driver45 likes this.
  7. Chris G

Chris G Member

Bumping an old one... is there some sort of alternative center cap for these? Love the wheels. Hate the fact you can't run a rear cap.

8. Cesso

Cesso Member

Great fitment, those really look excellent in that finish on Tuxedo Black. What offset are the wheels? Any rubbing with the 215 tires?

9. Ernesto

Ernesto New Member

No rubbing at all, they are 42mm offset.

10. Chris G

Chris G Member

Someone tell me about the center caps.... Pretty pretty please!

11. Chris G

Chris G Member

I guess I'll add - I am more so curious if a homemade center cap would work (electrical cap at Home Depot) or if there is zero room to clip something in

12. CSM

CSM Member

Wow, these look GREAT. The pics on the TR website are awful!!! These may be what I go with for a lightweight performance wheel...

Now that you've had these installed for a few months, can you give us your opinion on the wheels? How well built do they feel? How did it increase the responsiveness?

Thanks!!

13. Golfguy11800

Golfguy11800 Member

Like everyone else, update?

14. CSM

CSM Member

Bump for Ernesto's comments! Considering going with these wheels and would like to hear more input, specifically about durability!

15. Ernesto

Ernesto New Member

One track day and over 5k miles later, no issues at all. I highly recommend them.

16. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Do you have or would you mind taking any close up pics of the rear wheels? The center cap issue bothers me, but from your pics I wouldn't even have noticed you didn't have center caps on the rear. Rear close up pics please :)

17. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Re: caps...

If it really bothers you, try cutting circles just wider than the diameter of the whole from outdoor rated self-adhesive vinyl. I've done this before and it works well. A local sign place might even give you free scraps!

A quick fix is a couple squirts of black paint -- you really won't notice it much. I admit that such things bother me on a street car, but I can say it looks good on the race car too!

18. Ernesto

Ernesto New Member

I am not running caps on the front or rear... I painted all four hubs with flat black plasti dip.

19. McRib 1s Back

There you go! I actually prefer the look now that I'm used to it! :)

20. McRib 1s Back

I can't wait to try these out too! I lucked into my set of these when "sorting for lowest weight" at TireRack (actually while on the phone with Julian, our TR rep!). I have not been to get to the track with them yet, but can say that if they are anything like my experience on 15" wheels that are in the same weight ballpark, they will make a very noticeable difference! The thing I'll miss with my 15s is also the clear impact to gearing. It felt very snappy, and I still recommend that for anyone without a need for bigger brakes.

If you want to see a photo of "just the wheel", here's a link to the photo (from my build thread).

Tire Rack House Wheel is only 14.5 pounds!

Also, I understand a new replacement wheel should be in stock soon. Rumor is that it's even lighter! That's very cool. It doesn't change things for me, but something for you to consider.

21. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Do these wheels appear to provide greater or lesser brake caliper clearance as compared to stock? I'm wondering if the Wilwood BBK would fit?