Track Day: Extreme Speed Track Events (Streets of Willow)

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Road Racing' started by McRib 1s Back, Jan 8, 2014.

1. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Also, I don't want to overstate the problems with the brakes or any part of the car -- the whole thing really worked quite well! Despite the loose nut behind the wheel, I managed a few fast laps that were competitive with three different run groups (fastest time in two, and only a hair of the top pace in another). We had lots of traffic at times (sometimes preventing a clean lap time), but I have to say it was fun chasing down some of the faster cars.

There was a nice green Challenger SRT that was predictably fast on the straights, but didn't turn as well. I think he drove well. Anyhow, he was shown the blue flag twice before finally letting me by him. It crushes the FiST in acceleration, but it is still satisfying to lap faster than a car with 470HP (and TQ to match). Yes, I know it's about 1500 lbs. heavier. :)

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

LOL singing to the choir here McRib... I know for a fact what Two Tons of fun is like to wrassle around a track.. that is one of the reasons I am back in a wrong wheel drive race car
    LOL And I didn't even have the Big heavy Hemi... Just the little 345 not the 392 ;)

IMG_7884-600.jpg

4. Ken@mountune

Ken@mountune Active Member

The Challenger surprised me. I would pull ahead in the corners but then he was back on me during the straights.
    It must be tiring to drive.

5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

MIne was a Auto with paddles so it was a lot of dead pedal time in the corners but oh the sound when you dropped the hammer .. must say it was very cool to drive just not very cheap or fast in the twisties .. LOL Over all it was a very good street car and did good at a lot of things ..... cept for that one thing .. hehe

6. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

Thanks for all of the info Rib. I did order the camber bolts so I'm planning on an alignment and fluid upgrade before my next track day. I'll probably stick with the stock pads for now since the track I'm going to next isn't that hard on brakes.
    I can't wait to overlay the "bone stock" lap data to the "z2 with an alignment" data.

7. McRib 1s Back

Excellent!

What datalogger are you using? I may start another thread about that...

8. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

Harrys

RodMoe likes this.
  9. McRib 1s Back

Okay, starting new thread... :)

10. fly2low

fly2low Member

Sounds like a lot of fun. From our conversation and your posting, it sounds like you gonna have a brake upgrade soon. Gonna be fun to follow the progress.