Trackday Phone Mount Recommendations

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Road Racing' started by robbyracer82, Aug 28, 2015.

1. robbyracer82

robbyracer82 New Member

Hi Guys/Gals,

Please feel free to move this post if I'm in the wrong area. I recently started tracking my car and have downloaded Harry's Lap Timer app. I'd like to use the video record feature but my current phone mount isn't up to snuff for the weight of my iphone 6+. I'm stuck with the phone since it's my work/personal phone and I don't really want to go with a gopro because I like that the Harry's app can overlay with data. So long story long, my question is, what mounts do you guys use for your large phones (phablets)? I need something that preferably locks into place since the track I run on (Waterford Hills) is very technical and lots of g-forces are applied to everything inside the car. Preferably looking to dash mount but open to glass mount too.

Thanks everybody!

-Rob

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

look at proclipusa you may find a mount that works for you

4. robbyracer82

robbyracer82 New Member

Thanks man. I'll take a look.

5. BostonDriver

BostonDriver Member

What I did was use my GoPro suction cup and stuck one of their adhesive mounts to the back of a cheap iphone case. I already had the GoPro stuff so it only cost me $5 for the cheapest iphone case i could find. You can probably pick up the suction cup and adhesive mount pretty cheap on ebay. The good thing is there's a bunch of stuff made to hold GoPro's so if you go this route you can use anything that works with GoPro's!

robbyracer82 likes this.
  6. Pokey

Pokey New Member

Ram mount.
    Works great on my motorcycles too!

robbyracer82 likes this.
  7. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

I use a Ram Mount. Made in USA too!

robbyracer82 likes this.
  8. eRic

eRic Active Member

9. robbyracer82

robbyracer82 New Member

10. eRic

eRic Active Member

11. robbyracer82

robbyracer82 New Member

Ended up going with the RAM mount. Thanks all!

Pokey likes this.