Trade in Value

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by RaNDoM, Apr 2, 2014.

1. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

I have a TB Fiesta ST with the wheel upgrade, sunroof, Recaros and navigation. It currently has 5k miles and is in perfect condition. Anyone know how much a trade in value would be? Anyone else tried to trade one in? Im looking into the 2015 Subaru WRX.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Tim McCarthy

Tim McCarthy Member

Go on Kelly Blue Book and find out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  4. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

I couldnt find it on any website. Nor could the dealer.
  5. k757

k757 Active Member

Call a few ford dealers in the area and ask what they would give.

I'm guessing that your car would offer $20k. You'd get more at a dealer of the cars manufacturer
  6. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

I'm gonna guess the most a dealer will offer is 16-17k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SpaceFish likes this.
  7. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

You are certainly going to take a bath on that one...
  8. smatty

smatty Member

I have no idea how market demand and used cars work. That said, I know that the dealership that I bought my car from has sold at least 5 Fists since I purchased mine in Feb. I think that they are in pretty high demand. You might be able to get a pretty good private sale...?
  9. silvertoy

silvertoy Member

You'll do waaay better with a private sale, like on I'm guessing between 17-18.5K.
  10. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Agreed. Private sale all the way.
  11. Since no one has asked, why are you getting a WRX over the Fiesta ST?

And yes I agree with the others, a private sale is best for this situation. The dealers will bend you over on this one.
  12. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I nearly always vote for private sale if you're seeking a high ROI, but this one's complicated by the lack of a market--by which I mean only that there simply aren't many used FiSTs for sale, and so data is sparse at best, and so everyone's flying blind, and a private sale could take longer than one might like. If I were buying a used FiST in excellent condition with 5K miles, options as listed, I'd pay no more than about $20K, and anything over $18K I'd be wondering about whether I should. And a big part of the process would be consideration of what mods it has, and what the mod history is. If I suspect the thing's been modded like mad and then returned to stock, I'm not going to give as much for it. That said, carefully kept records of all mods/maintenance goes a long way to feeling good on both ends. A sales manager at the local Ford dealer is definitely not going to give you top dollar, though, especially with so little clear data on value. A Subaru dealer will probably be even more reluctant to give you what you think you should get.
  13. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

The Subaru dealer offered me $20k over the phone without even seeing it. The car is bone stock. It is looking like I will be hanging onto the car for the next year or so. Just got out of the Army and got a job at the local Toyota dealer. I finally get to learn about how car selling works.
  14. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

I have owned 3 Evos and really miss the AWD. I was planning on waiting for the new Evo XI to come out, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen anytime soon. I really like the way the 2015 WRX looks and now it has a CVT and the FA20DIT motor (kinda miss my FRS). The biggest reason for the change is I moved to San Antonio and the traffic is terrible for a stick, plus my wife wants me to get an automatic so she can drive it too. We have 3 3 year olds and I could really use more space. The ST was kind of an impulse buy, I moved farther away from work and the Tacoma was killing me getting gas every 2 days.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  15. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

I forgot to mention that I would get the 15 WRX at 2% under invoice along with the $20k trade. Guess it is worth a little more than people thought.
  16. Papi4baby

Papi4baby Member

Where are you located OP, i can't believe im saying this but i need a truck. I might buy a use one and keep the fiesta. But if they are giving so much i might get a new truck.

17. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

I live in San Antonio, TX. The offer was from a Subaru dealer in Austin, TX.
    Papi4baby likes this.
  18. was-an-M

was-an-M Member

You like the CVT? I'd go test drive it for a loooooong ways first. I think they are about the worst things going. Get a slush box, a dual clutch, or a stick. The CVT is awful. Take a look at something like a DSG-equipped GTI, but if you are any part a driving enthusiast you are gonna hate your life with a CVT.

In other news, as previous people have said, if you trade in get ready to take a bath. Like an $8k-$10k bath.
  19. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

Why do you think I would lose 8-10k? They offered me 20k. I got the car the 2nd week it was available. I would only lose about 4k. That is because I lost some money trading in my Tacoma early.
  20. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Apparently the CVT is quite good in the WRX.

Sent via poles, wires and telegraph 2.
  21. quiznos

quiznos Member

Just to give you an idea of what dealers are selling it to other dealers for.
    k757 likes this.