Want to buy Fiesta ST. What is Fiesta ST common problems?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by riftan, Feb 24, 2015.

1. riftan

riftan New Member

Hi All,

I want to buy new Fiest ST, but before doing, I need to know what is this car common problems?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. k757

k757 Active Member

No issues after 9800 miles and 1 yr of autox and a week long trip of 3000 mile.
  4. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Cheeks hurt from grinning

15000 miles, 15x autocross events, no troubles.
    Firesail likes this.
  5. k757

k757 Active Member

Oh.... 25 autox events
  6. Gpfarrell

Gpfarrell Member

Probably laughter. I laugh out loud driving this thing. If I'm on a business call, that might not be good.
  7. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

My most 'common problem' is my right foot stuck to the floor.
    Smokin, miketank89, Firesail and 2 others like this.
  8. Golfguy11800

Golfguy11800 Member

No complaints other than I think my transmission is about to blow. My car is stock. I did a search on other forums about the trans whine and a few local FiST owners near me had the same whine before their transmissions blew. My car is currently stock.

Very scary.

Take for what it's worth though. Usually people don't post on forums if they have a perfectly running car
  9. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Biggest major issues that have come up on forums are the transmission. Some people get whine, and on cars with build dates roughly in late Nov 2013 through early 2014 (Jan?) have had clutch disc fractures/exploded clutch discs resulting in a 'film projector' sound at idle with the clutch in, and chatter when shifting.

Almost 10k miles into mine, no issues.
  10. jordbird

jordbird New Member

After everything I have read I would second BlackBirds assessment. By no means this issue a deterrent when buying for myself, most tranny problems would likely first occur during warranty anyway. The way I see it you have to accept a bit of reliability risk when you want to drive something even remotely interesting or entertaining to drive, otherwise we would all be driving automatic corollas.
    Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.
  11. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I have almost 54K on mine now and the only issue I had was the driver's side mirror was loose and couldn't be tightened. They tried and failed so they replaced it. I'm still on the original brakes and all i've done (besides alot of upgrades) is oil changes and cleaning the air filter (upgraded to K&N).
    I also autocross mine, but not as much as Keith.

Another minor issue was the inability to do Vehicle Health Reports on the Sync system. That turned out to be the fact that the system won't run a report if you have anything plugged into the OBDII port. I had an Accessport plugged in and that was the issue. Kind of silly that the system can't tell you to remove that stuff when it detects it. Anyway, now that I know, I remove the AP before running the VHR.
  12. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Squeaky clutch pedal here, and a few rattles @ about 5,500 miles.
    ted lorendo and Mr UFO like this.
  13. FordService

FordService Official Ford Representative

Hi guys,

If you're planning on heading to your dealer to have this taken care of, please let me know. I can check into some additional assistance. :)

14. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Meagan, thanks for checking. They already looked at my clutch pedal once. It squeaked again before I even left the dealership parking lot. I'll take it in again sometime, but there's only one person there who deals with manual transmissions, so it's not easy to schedule.
  15. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

"there's only one person there [dealership] who deals with manual transmissions, . . ." <sigh>
  16. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Member

Our car also has the squeaky clutch pedal. Car has less than 4K miles on it.
  17. BlackBird

Does ASE cert not require this stuff anymore or something? Damn.
    DayJ and jimclark like this.
  18. OrangeFist

OrangeFist Member

uh oh. 11/26/13
    Thanks, fine for now and I'll keep an eye/ear out.
  19. BlackBird

Yeah, keep a weather eye. A couple people have had their clutch/transmission replaced under warranty over this, but so far, as far as I'm aware, there is no TSB about it (unlike the FoST wiring harness splice TSB & service campaign). It seems to have been limited to a small batch of cars, if not isolated cases. A couple members here and elsewhere have gone through it.
  20. FordService

FordService Official Ford Representative

Thanks for following-up. Let me know when you head in. :)

Hi Joe Schmoe,

Thanks for reaching out. Please PM me your VIN, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll look into some options.

21. DayJ

DayJ New Member

I have had 0 problems, currently have about 26k on mine. I've driven mine in harsh winter at 8k altitude (Wyoming) and incredibly hot summer (Phoenix) and had no issues.The only thing that's annoying is that Ford hasn't made it easy to do minor maintenance. Compared to every car I've had (mostly Toyotas or Volvos), the FiST is the most complicated to replace engine or cabin filter, or do an oil change. Not a major gripe, just annoying.
    Firesail, Neeqness and LuvfiestaST like this.