Want to buy Fiesta ST. What is Fiesta ST common problems?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by riftan, Feb 24, 2015.

1. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

12k of use and plenty of Autocross, no major problems to report. Although over the winter a piece of my right side skirt became loose, and some rattles in the car (its a Fiesta...)
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. hollywood

hollywood Member

One day my radio wouldn't shut off when I turned the engine off and opened the door. The radio controls wouldn't work, touch screen was off. It was weird. So I opened the manual and had to find the radio fuse. No fuse pullers in there, but luckily I keep a small tool kit in my daily driver. I used a small set of pliers to pull the radio fuse. It turned off, so I reinstalled the fuse. After Sync booted up, it was fine. No problems since.
  4. rcl4668

rcl4668 Active Member

No issues here, just a metric ton of fun. The common "issue" I have seen is test drive the Recaros first before you buy. Some folks do not like how they fit.

5. Skeezix

Skeezix New Member

I read about the paint on the FiST chipping easily, however I'm not sure if this was all colors, or just some of the colors. Can any FiST owners comment on the paint chipping issues?
    Also, for owners, do you think it's a paint quality issue, or a debris-hitting-my-car issue (which might be resolved by using a clear bra?).
  6. aar0n

aar0n Member

I drive on the freeway 40 miles a day(used to be 70 miles a day). I definitely get rock chips in the hood and front bumper cover. This will happen with any car if you drive on dirty roads(michigan) without protection.

I can say I got bumped in a parking lot and although it did scratch it seems like i can touch it up just fine(have been waiting for warm weather).
  7. hollywood

hollywood Member

Mine has done this twice now. I noticed it the 2nd time when my radio controls abruptly stopped working during a drive. Next time it happens, I'm taking it to the dealer.
  8. zoobadger

zoobadger New Member

Total failure of the clutch at 15K miles. I'm a 54 year old dad whose never owned an automatic in my 25 years of driving. I know how to drive a stick. Trying to work with Ford regarding the warranty, but it's looking like I might be on the hook for a $2,000 repair bill for my 14 month old car. At the moment, wondering why I didn't buy another Subaru WRX. Yeah, higher sticker but doesn't break a week after the warranty expires.
  9. zoobadger

zoobadger New Member

I felt intermittent "squeaking" and occasional friction in mine and deeply regret not taking it to the dealer the moment I noticed it. Obviously something was defective from the start and now I'm bumming rides from friends to work and borrowing my ex's car to get my kids to and from their summer camps. The car's been dead in the none-too-helpful dealer's repair shop for three weeks. Pretty frightening episode, too, since the car stopped dead on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago with heavy 60 MPH traffic and no shoulder. Called 911 who dispatched a tow truck but it was a tense fifteen minutes of desperately waving unsuspecting drivers around my dead Ford.
  10. FordService

FordService Official Ford Representative

Hi zoobadger,

I'll be happy to check out some additional assistance to help bring your Fiesta back to life. Please send me a private message with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

11. Skeezix

Skeezix New Member

Sorry to hear about your problem - please keep us up to date. Do you have an ST or a regular Fiesta?
  12. zoobadger

zoobadger New Member

I have an ST. Ford has been really lame compared to Mazda and Honda which I've owned in the past. Mazda replaced a blown shock even though it's a wear item with no questions asked. Honda replaced one of the engine computers. In both instances service was organized, courteous, and predictable. Ford very poor by comparison. To make matters worse, although I don't know for sure yet, I'm not confident that they'll even pay for parts. No excuse for a clutch to fail suddenly at 15K miles with an adult driver with many years of experience driving a stick.
  13. zoobadger

zoobadger New Member

Fox Ford just called to say that Ford has agreed to cover the repair costs under the warranty. Until I get the car back and truly don't have any out of pocket I'll be anxious, but very happy to learn this.... It's been a weird experience compared to other new cars I've owned that needed repairs, but it's the end result that matters.
  14. FordService

Thrilled to hear everything's working out well!

15. Greg Taisto

Greg Taisto New Member

After much research my son decided on the Fiesta 2015 ST in April of 2015. Shortly after he started to notice trouble shifting into 5th gear. Brought the vehicle to a local Ford Dealer on April 27th... and have been on a "waiting list" for parts ever since. Opened a case with Ford Customer care July 21 regarding the long delay, and they just sent me an email:

"Ford Motor Company is dedicated to improving customer satisfaction. This brief survey has been developed to gather feedback regarding your recent interaction with our Ford Regional Customer Service Manager, regarding case number CAS-XXXXX-XXXX, closed on 10/21/2015 2:39:39 PM"

I never closed the case, so i guess they decided to close it for me.

So now it's been 7 months, with no resolution and no real communication except for my calls to the local dealer who keeps saying "Thanks for checking in again Greg... but I can't help you without the parts".

My son has learned to drive the car without 5th gear, and is expected to just live with it.

If I ran my company like this I wouldn't be in business very long.
  16. FordService

Hi Greg,

Send me a PM with your case number: I want to dig into this further and see what I can do to help.

k757 likes this.
  17. Greg Taisto

Greg Taisto New Member

No idea how to private message on this forum. So I will send a new message to the member "Ford Service" via "Conversation".
  18. FordService

Hi Greg,

I got your message this morning and sent you a reply. Thanks for taking the time to reach out.

19. MasterPooBaa

MasterPooBaa Member

20000+ Km's on my FiST now. Only real problem was with Sync being unable to connect to my phone, and also unable to 'forget' it.
    A hard sync reset by pulling the fuse had to be done.

Other 'everyday' problems include:
    A. Silly Australian speed limits.
    B. Cars in front of me.
    C. Red lights.
    D. Not being able to stay on BOOOOOST for long enough before entering flashing red & blue light territory :) (See point A.)
    E. Not enough fun twisty roads around Brisbane and very poor road conditions.

20. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

On the plus side you're only a nice relaxing eleven hour drive down the coast to Bathurst. ;)

21. David McIntyre

David McIntyre New Member

I have almost 11,000 miles on my FiST. Bought it in June. The only problem I have had is it gets to 55mph way to fast. Awesome car.