Water in rear footwell

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Maintenance' started by 1FocusedHokie, May 3, 2015.

1. 1FocusedHokie

1FocusedHokie Member

I have a ton of water coming into the passenger rear footwell. The side of the hatch was slightly damp, but it's completely saturated on the carpet. Even a bit of the bottom of the leather of the seat is damp. No idea where it's coming from as I sucked it all up with a wet-vac, ran a hose over the car without finding it any more damp than it was, then the next day it's soaked. (No it did not rain any time in between.)

I will be calling the dealer in the morning to see if they can troubleshoot, but any ideas from you guys that I could check would be awesome. Thanks.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Do you have a sunroof? If so, oftentimes the source of water inside the car is a loose or clogged drain tube.
  4. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

You bought your car used?
  5. madhatter

madhatter New Member

recirculate turned on for the A/C? check to see if that's plugged, or draining back into the car. It's under the passenger seat IIRC.
  6. 1FocusedHokie

1FocusedHokie Member

No sunroof. Didn't remove the seat to troubleshoot the AC line. Car is at dealer now. Still cannot believe that Ford doesn't supply loaners for issues like this while under warranty. I don't care if it's a 2000 zx3. Sigh.
  7. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

That really depends on the dealer. Some dealerships do supply loaners.
  8. 1FocusedHokie

1FocusedHokie Member

I called every dealer within 30 miles. All had the same policy.
  9. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

My local dealer gives a courtesy ride to work or home, and then will pick me up too. We bought a cheap car, so I don't expect to get extras like a free loaner, but it'd be nice!

Let us know what the dealer says about the water!
  10. 1FocusedHokie

1FocusedHokie Member

Working with Ford....
    Last edited: May 8, 2015