Weighed my FiST today

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by F1ST, Jan 25, 2014.

1. F1ST

F1ST Member

Did a dump run in the fist. Went on the scales on the way out.
    Base model with Recaros only. No spare in the car. I'm at 175 today. About 5/8 in the tank.

Edit: Car has 185/60-15 Blizzaks on it right now.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    McRib 1s Back likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Thank you, it's good to see this. That describes my car and me exactly. Assuming accuracy, it's lighter than expected. Would you say you shed about 25-30 pounds between the spare and associated tools?
  4. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

Good to know. Same setup as me. Figured it was less than the weight they were quoting.
  5. F1ST

F1ST Member

Just put the spare and jack on the bathroom scale. 41.5lbs
  6. McRib 1s Back

Also good news! Apparently the UK models have a smaller temp spare.
  7. Removed

Removed Guest

You figure with lightweight wheels, brakes, ditching the spare, and maybe a CF hood and lightweight battery we can probably get these cars down to 2500 lbs.
  8. F1ST

F1ST Member

Forgot that I have snow tires/rims on right now. Updated post with that info. I'll re-weigh when snow is done or just weigh the difference in wheels.
  9. mamiata1

mamiata1 Active Member

What does Ford claim they weigh?
  10. McRib 1s Back

Ford listed it in a way to confuse wet/dry/curb when I looked at this originally.

MT lists our car without moonroof as having a curb weight of 2741 and 60/40 distribution. MT takes this seriously.
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

When I weight mine with my in and just winter 15inch tires on it was like 2910 with my work clothes and hard hat on at the truck scale we have at work...I am easy 210 lbs
    F1ST likes this.