What car did you trade in for your FiST?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by stuntdoogie, Oct 24, 2013.

1. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

13 FRS on a 13 Tacoma to a 14 FiST
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Heh, rwd sports coupe, pickup truck, FiST. Reminds me of my route.. '10 Camaro 2SS/RS --> '10.5 SVT Raptor ---> 14 FiST

Not quite the same vehicles, or as close together as your last swap, but yeah.
  4. Paul

Paul Member

Ultimately it was the mpg. Back in the day, I was looking for a small hatch that got decent mileage but some performance. I found myself in a Honda Fit. It was a good car but a bit underpowered, especially when I took it up to the mountains. I eventually ended up in the WRX. When the Fiesta ST was released, it fit the bill that I was looking for initially. Small hatch with decent mpgs, performance and adequate power. I really enjoyed the rex, but I found myself commuting more than auto x-ing, and didn't reap the benefits of AWD, especially living in Southern California. The WRX are ST are two different animals (both great animals though, I must say), and when I first sat in the ST for the test drive I knew it was the perfect fit (great DD with periodic spirited driving). I'll just need to eventually get a roof rack to stack my boards. Still, I'm excited to see the 2015 WRX unveiled at the LA auto show.
    LotusZX3 and amathophobia like this.
  5. covert1

covert1 New Member

I traded in a 2013 Fiesta Titanium (which I had acquired in August 2012). The mileage was nice, but the lack of power was not suited for driving in the Baltimore / Washington DC corridor. The ST was what I wanted back then, but it's hard to be optimistic about Ford when it comes to things I want. It's sort of like the following the Detroit Lions - when you think they are gonna start doing good, you have to temper expectations or you'll be really disappointed and frustrated. Now, since I have my 2014 FiST and have concluded it's legitimately fun, does that mean my Lions will become champions?!? I'll have to consult with Philosoraptor.

Oh, and I love how my insurance agent had to call me the next day and be like, "Are you suuurrrrre you didn't trade in the 2002 Focus???".
    Firesail likes this.
  6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Lions might have a chance now that the NFC's best QB is out for a bit with a broken collarbone ... LoL gotta love it when you get a car you really enjoy ....
    Firesail and covert1 like this.
  7. davidp

davidp Member

i had many cars in the past but my last 3 cars .. Genesis coupe 2.0T then got the BRZ which i got tired of real quick .. had a lot of issues with it.. i ended up trading it for the FiST
  8. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

'08 Mustang GT/CS. Too heavy, too expensive (gas), too pretty, but was a great car otherwise. Didn't trade it. Sold it a year ago. Don't miss it :)

Attached Files:

9. badmoonkid24

badmoonkid24 Member

2012 focus

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

10. rweidman

rweidman New Member

A 2011 SES Fiesta with a 5 Speed manual. Anybody in Northeastern WI want a nice fully equipped 2011??? It is still at the dealer.
  11. jariten

jariten Member

04 Mazda 6s wagon. Great car for about ten years, but it was crossing the threshold where repairs were beginning to cost more than maintenance therefore it was time to go.
  12. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I like the one in the background. Kind of like my other "ride".
  13. badmoonkid24

badmoonkid24 Member

Ya cool

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
  14. 2008 Dodge Avenger to FiST! The FiST has made driving fun again!
  15. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I just had an Avenger for a rental. I was not impressed LOL. Same for a Dodge Journey I had before.
    Christian Whitmore likes this.
  16. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

02 Cooper N/A. Loved this car more than anything but the capabilities of the FiST are just not comparable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  17. b17drvr

b17drvr New Member

I'm going to trade in my Bugatti Veyron.
  18. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

While I didn't trade a car in for my new FiST, I've had a lot of the cars mentioned in this thread. It's fun and weird to see that the ST can supplant so many "superior" cars. For instance, I recently had a 2013 Audi S5 (with Stasis ECU) that was fun, but only managed to log 3K miles on it over a year. It's gone and I really don't miss it (but really not connected events). I suppose I just needed a fun car after that.

Another member, "bubbyaz" said it best -- this thing really does sweep you off your feet. The enthusiasm is contagious, and I agree that this car is special in a way that I can't recall with others. I had a first year US market WRX in 2001, and even after some significant mods, I wasn't nearly as excited. Later, my newer 265HP WRX was fun, but it was missing something too.

I went from awareness that this thing existed to buying one in less than a week. I'm happy to be here! :)
    Tokendog likes this.
  19. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

NSX>Evo Mr>Evo Gsr>Fist

Wow this car is slow but so dang fun to drive! My brother has a Focus St and I fell in love with the concept.
    Chris likes this.
  20. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

NSX huh? Still have it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  21. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

I sold it a few years ago. It had a comptech supercharger and put down 375 to the wheels. It was my daily and it saw about ten track days and lots of autox nsx with evo.jpg . When we had our first child I needed the 4 doors which led to the Evo.
    Chris likes this.