What car did you trade in for your FiST?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by stuntdoogie, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

The ST is my 17th car...traded my 2012 mini cooper for it.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. integra

integra New Member

4. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

5. AgentC

AgentC New Member

A right bad boy Citroen C1 (Stop laughing at the back!)

6. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to be sorely tempted to buy a '15 Mustang! IRS, WTF? :)

Okay, for me, I'd go 2.3 Ecoboost all the way. In a way, it reminds me of the old SVT turbo models -- this time it will be awesome. While the big V8 will outperform it stock, I can already see tuned models that will own a stock V8. What about the rest of you?

SpaceFish likes this.
  7. Couldahadav8

Couldahadav8 Active Member

I do miss the Terminator, but don't regret getting the RX8 either. The RX8 is a great car. If I had not been into autocross, I would have kept the Cobra. The 2011 and 2013's are neat cars, but they are really fricking huge. I was planning to get a 2015+ Mustang, but I am waiting to see what the curb weight is going to be. Frankly, its a lot larger car than I had hoped it would be. I like the idea of a 2.3 turbo, too. My first fast driving experiences were in my dad's 1985 SVO mustang.

At this point, the Fiesta might be my favorite car, which seems a bit messed up. Must be getting old or something. Four doors, great gas mileage, and fun as hell. I can't wait for 3 months from now to get back out chasing cones.

djdennehy likes this.
  8. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

I think if I had bought a different RX8, I would still have it. The one I bought used had a clean carfax when I purchased it. It didn't drive quite right, and I took it to 3 different shops to have it aligned and could never get it right. Later on, carfax added that the car had been in an accident. I'm pretty sure the frame was warped. It was a shame, because that may be the best handling car I have ever driven.

Now I can't wait to put the FiST through it's paces at autocross this season. This car is a hoot.

9. ethan.seal

ethan.seal New Member

1998 BMW 318i and I am glad to have it gone.

Firesail and djdennehy like this.
  10. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

2001 Oldmobile Intrigue GLS. Had 100,000 miles on it and was leaking every fluid known to man.

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

EWWWWWWWW thats just nasty LOL

12. speedprotege

speedprotege Member

Good choice!

13. MacDubois

MacDubois New Member

I had a different RX8... While it was a fantastic car, and remarkably practical. 15-17mpg and an engine replacement at 80k kinda killed the joy for me. Mine was starting to rust too. I like driving the Fiesta better anyway. I do miss the rear wheel drive and limited slip though.

On topic, traded in the wife's 09 Focus SES coupe 5spd. 118k miles of good service.

14. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Got rid of a 1999 Volvo V70R AWD for the FiST. Never looked back.

15. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

Just found out three days ago that they made a v70r and I thought it was the coolest thing ever I have a super soft spot for sporty estates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

16. JP6

JP6 Member

Just sold my Volvo S40 yesterday. I have nothing but good things to say about it. Looking forward to having the ST in a couple weeks though.

17. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

When it worked right, it was a great car to drive, if a bit slow. the automatic transmission most us models are saddled with is garbage. I got rid of it after replacing the AWD system for the 2nd time in a year. The turbocharger is really close to the "angle gear" aka transfer case - the output shaft is right next to the turbo with no heat shield in between. the turbo gets hot, cooks the seal in the transfer case, output shaft seal pops out at speed, transfercase promptly empties itself of gear oil and destroys itself

TWICE
    TWICE GODDAMMIT

I bought the car for $5000 and we probably spent that in repairs on the thing.
    To anyone considering a Volvo: buy an S40 because those aren't really Volvos - they're either a Mitsubishi (1.9T's) or a Focus (later ones - i would looooove an S40 T5 6MT AWD... a few of those exist) - or buy an RWD based Volvo. S90/V90, 9-series, 7-series, 2-series are all fine
    but avoid a later FWD model like the plague
    and don't buy a volvo if you can't afford $1000+ of repairs annually

18. peoples1234

peoples1234 Member

19. bigshotdan

bigshotdan Active Member

I didn't actually trade anything, as the dealer principal told me not to bother, given how little they offer on any trades. Instead, I took to privately selling my other two cars. The ST170 (SVT Focus for most of you) I didn't even have to list for sale, as a friend snapped it up quickly.

1375789_482614021845545_1105278640_n.jpg

My other car, an '03 S40 (2.0T now with T4 turbo) is still for sale some two months later. I'd love to keep it and turn it into a weapon, but repairs have set me back a fortune on it. Would I own another Volvo though? Abso-bloody-lutely...

IMG_1024.JPG

20. Charlie53554

Charlie53554 New Member

This

Attached Files:

21. Spuddy96

Spuddy96 New Member

Mk2 Focus RS in performance blue mith Mountune MR375 upgrade

Firesail, captainmorbid and Cligedy like this.