What car did you trade in for your FiST?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by stuntdoogie, Oct 24, 2013.

1. dislegal

dislegal Member

Still awaiting delivery of my FiST. Currently driving, and will soon be selling, a 2004 smart fortwo. It's been my daily driver for the past two years and although the economy and parking abilities are great, it's no fun at all. Unless you like being laughed at...
    Tokendog likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. bigshotdan

bigshotdan Active Member

Hey Rick... that's a nice little upgrade for you! BTW, welcome to the SEQ group on Facebook. ;)
    dislegal likes this.
  4. Heronboy

Heronboy New Member

I didn't trade in a car. I went for the FiST after my TT seized the engine.
  5. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

2011 SES hatchback.
    it was fully loaded and I bought it used. It went from stock to:
    Hot pink Neon underglow
    Blue neon License plate holder
    Motegi MSR116 17" rims
    Steeda CAI intake & Tube
    Sound activated equalizer sticker
    offset stripe
    I bought the eyelids for it but didn't get a good pic before I traded it.
    It was mostly cosmetics but I still put a lot of work into this one and am gonna miss it.
    Tokendog likes this.
  6. this_smitty

this_smitty New Member

2009 VW GTI

Attached Files:

FORDTOUGH Member

Tried to trade my 2010 Fusion SE for a FiST but i walked cause my dealer was low balling me and really wouldn't budge.
  8. envyist

envyist New Member

Sold mine privately because the dealers offered me next to nothing for it, but I had a 2013 3.7 mt82 mustang sgm/recaro/tech package/spoiler delete. with just 3.73 gears&steeda canned tune it ran 13.5@105mph on street tires and a best of 13.3@103mph on drag radials and she would still knock down 30mpg hwy. I owned it 23 months put just over 16k on it and got within 3k of what I paid for it privately. Plus thanks to buying most of the mods cheap and getting credit for doing installation write-ups for American muscle and cj pony parts. I resold almost all my aftermarket parts netting 80% of what I paid initially back.
    I wanted something sporty looking, fun to drive but cheaper overall to own for a replacement.
    So far the fist has fit the bill nicely it's cheaper to insure, smaller cheaper tires&brakes, better mpg.
    And around town it's very maneuverable in comparison to the stang.
  9. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Your license plate, haha...
  10. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

BlackBird likes this.
  11. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

That's gorgeous.

Sent by my GS4 via Tapatalk.
  12. Ripterry

Ripterry Member

'07 Mazda 3. Great car but I'm definitely loving the ST even more!
  13. integra

integra New Member

BlackBird likes this.
  14. XR650R

XR650R Member

I had one of those. It really was a fun car. I wish I still had it, too.
  15. macki08

macki08 New Member

i just traded a 2013 Civic Si for a 15 FiST love this car so far and looking forward to many mods in the future
    Firesail and BlackBird like this.
  16. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

What was your reason for trading in the si? When I bought my fist I cross shopped it against a 14 si. I thought it was a pretty decent package but definitely not as special or enjoyable day to day as the FiST. It was a car that had to be driven at 10/10 to be rewarding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. macki08

macki08 New Member

well the main reason is i don't know how to keep a car for long. this is car number 10 in the past 13 years for me but other then that i came to the conclusion that the only way i'd get the car's performance were i wanted it i'd have to spend 5-6 grand supercharging or turbocharging it that was the beginning of the end for me. it was a really nice car tho and i'm interested to see the next gen si with honda's new turbo 4 option in it
  18. rcl4668

rcl4668 Active Member

M5 through private sale.
    djdennehy likes this.
  19. ABQautoxer

ABQautoxer Member

Nothing, just trying to keep miles off my other car I was driving too much.
  20. Jawsome

Jawsome New Member

Traded in my 2011 Stage 2 STI.
    k757 likes this.
  21. niblick

niblick New Member

I plan on selling my 2007 WRX in the next month or so. I can't wait to finally be in a FiST!