What car did you trade in for your FiST?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by stuntdoogie, Oct 24, 2013.

1. horrorbiz

horrorbiz Member

2010 Mini Cooper
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. YEGfiesta

YEGfiesta New Member

2011 Mazda 3 GS (sedan, 2.0L)

Good handling and decent interior with the leather package, but I missed having something to mod.

Almost ended up with an Abarth 500c (loved the sound) but the build quality scared me away. No regrets now!
  4. dmeckert

dmeckert New Member

2012 Honda Accord coupe.

I tend to get bored after a couple three years with a car. I wanted a more involved driving experience, and to really get good with a manual. The accord had plenty of go, but it took a second or two for it to let you use it, which was constantly annoying.
  5. Die Trying

Die Trying New Member

Not exactly a trade-in but my 2009 Suzuki SX4 awd was totaled by baseball sized hail, the insurance check became a down payment, the parts I could remove and sell before insurance came for her became a Cobb stage 1 and some other bits.
  6. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 Member

1999 Corvette
  7. OrangeFist

OrangeFist Member

2014 Titanium. Kinda miss it
    captainmorbid and LuvfiestaST like this.
  8. RevinRed302

RevinRed302 Member

traded in my 2002 VW golf. IT had a broken cooling system, and I still traded it for the same amount I bought it for... Loving the '15 FiST!!
  9. KKaWing

KKaWing Member

'08 Nissan Versa
  10. CanuckRS

CanuckRS New Member

This is being traded in when our factory order FiST arrives.
    LuvfiestaST likes this.
  11. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Why the trade?
    CanuckRS likes this.
  12. CanuckRS

CanuckRS New Member

Its my wife's car, and despite the fact that we both loved the color when we first purchased it, she really has grown to dislike it. Even more so because we live in a really small town, and everyone keeps telling her "oh, I saw you at ____ on Saturday". So we went with a Tuxedo Black FiST on Rado wheels and smoke recaros.

Its going to be a step down in terms of features compared to her ST3, but I think the added fun factor with it weighing so much less than the FoST should certainly offset that.
    LuvfiestaST likes this.
  13. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

I seen a few other fiSTs on the road and the other colours really stood out.. too much for me. But to each their own. When is ownership?
  14. CanuckRS

CanuckRS New Member

Signed the paperwork at the end of Feb. Was quoted 6-8 weeks but I'd think its going to be quite a bit longer than that based on what I've read.

No real rush, the FoST is still a total hoot to drive.
  15. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 Member

@CanuckRS any other reasons to go from a fost to a fist?
    CanuckRS likes this.
  16. CanuckRS

CanuckRS New Member

Well I've always been partial to really small light cars. I owned a Fiat 500 Abarth before having to sell it for work reasons. The FoST is fantastic, but you feel its size. I really loved how the Abarths size aided in its handling. Just felt like a little go-kart. The FoST would destroy it in lap time, I just don't know if I would be smiling as much during that lap.

The FiST is like an Abarth, but much more capable.

aim likes this.
  17. CanuckRS

CanuckRS New Member

One thing I will say is that I wish car companies would put a little more thought into the "experience" a car gives you while driving. The Abarth is hands down the head of its class when it comes to engaging the driver. If you've never driven one, I'd highly recommend it. That stock exhaust note is absolutely to die for.

This was my Abarth, completely bone stock. Comes from factory with no Muffler and is just resonated.

Stock 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth Exhaust:
  18. Turboduck01

Turboduck01 Member

@CanuckRS I hear ya regarding the Abarth. I've listened to one at a local autocross and it was awesome! So many people hate on the abarth because of the looks, but those people also tend to hate on the Fiesta. Out here, I call it the 'Murica syndrome. If it doesn't have v8, it's no good. o_O

I went with the fiesta because I also have a thing for small cars. I test drove my friends Focus ST, but I just didn't like it as much as the fiesta ST, even if lap times would be faster and it may be the slightest bit more practical. The Fiesta is the perfect DD for me.
    Klink and CanuckRS like this.
  19. ArticGator

ArticGator New Member

2008 Escape
  20. m4ximusprim3

m4ximusprim3 Member

1985 BMW 528E. Bit of an upgrade, speed wise.