What do you currently drive?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by WRC Fan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. tubbyaz

tubbyaz Member

2001 Focus, lightly modified (CA Intake, Vibrant catback, and the SVT suspension upgrade kit. The wife's nephew is buying it when the ST is delivered (if he can ever learn to drive a stick). 2001 Focus.jpg 1985 RoW Carrera Targa I picked up a few years ago. As Jerry Seinfeld says, its a dead mans car. Bought it from a dead guy, the next owner will be buying it from a dead guy. 1985 911.JPG
    Ketchup Fingers likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. tommy

tommy New Member

Cool - I'm there at 10 am. I'll warm up the tires for you. ;)
  4. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Yes I do, Eh ? lol
  5. rw02kr43

rw02kr43 New Member

1998 ford ranger with the 4.0V6 4x4. I want a fiesta ST. But I'll never have a new car. I'm going to see what I can buy for about 2-3k and drive it until it dies. Then repeat. It makes more sense than buying new and having that payment every month.

6. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

2011 Fiesta SES Tux black w/ euro spoiler, tint, short shifter.
    1997 Ranger Xtra cab 4.0 V6 4x4 black
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  7. CharlesWA

CharlesWA New Member

2000 Twilight Blue ZX3. Supecharger, SVT brakes, Quaife, different suspension by the week it seems, etc. Need second car so I can really tear this one apart and build it.
  8. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

2003 Mazda Protege DX. Base model. Crank windows, the whole bit.
  9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

LOL don't tell my wife about my GF.. now that would get expensive.. But in truth it came down to I missed the lil fwd JellyBean shape of the Hatch and didn't like the amount of $$ it would take to get the FRS to the point I wanted it (aka FI) Plus its a really SMALL car once you put 4 tires in it for track days so we had to trailer or take two cars. I see the FiST as as much fun to drive and will be sort of a sleeper not a JDM type car. I'm glad I traded the Chally RT I had in on it and had the whole RWD feeling but I missed my fwd car and my Wife has a Honda Fit that We Co-Drive at AutoX events and she wouldn't drive the FRS. I used to toss around the Fit on track last yr for simple grins so combine the power the FRS should have came with into a fun lil blueberry hatch and I was sold. was going to keep the FRS but travel plans and racing fees have changed my ideas of where my disposable cash should be disposed at. Plus a few family things came up which I wont bore you with.. In short it was a money vs fun factor thing :) I am sure I will miss the FRS sometimes and people will look at me like im nutz till I give them a ride in my blueberry. besides im too old to worry about there opinion lifes to short not to pull the trigger on something just for fun... Thanks for caring ;) LOL
  10. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

All the MODs have been removed in preparation for trade in.

11. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

2011 VW GTI being readied for a FiST trade-in......
  12. tommy

tommy New Member

How'd it go for you? I thought the "drive a hybrid for gas savings or one of these boats over here" forced pre-ST Academy "events". It wasn't too crowded when I first got there, but was pretty packed by 11.

I liked the cars, but was hoping to see an Envy Green (hell, I would have enjoyed even seeing the orange). Those Recaro seats are too damn tight for me for a daily driver (or I need to lay off the double mochafrappacinos more). Though I was more suprised at how light the clutch was. Need a longer test drive soon. :)
  13. Audrey

Audrey Member

How many hours or days did it take to remove all those mods? Your car was so crazy, but fun and cool looking!
  14. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Not as much fun taking things off as putting them on.
    In all it took about two weeks.
    Except for the rear spoiler it looks the same, the dealer wants it that way.

15. Audrey

Audrey Member

You'll get to have fun modding the FiST at least. :)

Of course he wants the Euro spoiler! It's so much better!
  16. rempwnz

rempwnz New Member

Had a great time at the event, was super fun! The hypermiling challenge was a lot harder than expected in trying to post a high mpg to win those headphones haha.

Tried two laps in both the Fiesta ST and Focus ST, was highly satisfied with the level of performance in both cars. Both handled and performed great, visibility was a bit better in the Focus ST as the cones seemed to disappear at a farther range in the Fiesta ST but not a big issue at all.

There was a Molten Orange Fiesta ST on hand in the side tent after the dispatch/instruction line, it looked incredible! The cars all looked better in-person than in the pictures for me. The two that really stood out were Tuxedo Black with painted rims/calipers and Molten Orange, but you really can't go wrong with any color.

You're also right about the Recaro seats, they're definitely comfy but after the 1.5 hour drive back home in my friends 2013 Focus ST my legs started to feel cramped. It could be my size as I'm 6'1 190lbs, but I'd definitely like to try the standard seats when the Fiesta ST is launched.

All in all had a great time, really wish more car manufactures would sponsor events like these.

17. Matt

Matt New Member

07 Solstice GXP... autocross weapon. Looking to move into an ST class and my car isn't classed in any. FiST should work well in STX I'm thinking...

18. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

That's what I like to hear! Exactly how my exterior will look.

Thanks a lot for the report, and the photo.
    Firesail, rempwnz and Mikeygti like this.
  19. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Ditto !
    rempwnz and TapTapPull like this.
  20. xorpheous

xorpheous Member

2004 Focus SVT. I also have a 2005 Focus ZX3 SES that was my daily driver for a very hard 225k miles. Trading it in for a Fiesta ST later in the year.
    EvoNiner likes this.
  21. Smokin

Smokin Active Member

Wahoo, Doug!! happy to see you on here!