What Don't You Like About the FiST

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by D1JL, Sep 19, 2013.

1. EvoNiner

EvoNiner Active Member

First off, I'm in love with this little car, but it doesn't mean there aren't flaws. I wish the steering was sharper and had more feed back mostly. Second I do wish it had alittle less body roll. I am also comparing this car to some hard competition, my evo, my track prepped Miata, and my friends 07 Mini Cooper S. BUT with that said it more then wows me in ever other part of the car.

Even with the body roll that it has, it has amazing control and grip, and the wheel weights nicely when pushed harder.

Oh, yah, it's a tad bit awkward to back up with the mirrors/big seats... But I didn't buy the car to drive it backwards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. breon

breon Member

The moon roof :| I tried to get an ST without it, but the other local dealers weren't willing to trade with my dealer. I'm sure the moon roof will get some use.
    envyist likes this.
  4. FiSTofFury

FiSTofFury New Member

I don't like how sync will call contacts in the phone book without confirming. I'll look around, maybe there is a prompt setting that prevents that.
  5. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Maybe not so much what I don't like about it as what I'd have liked to see added/optioned...

Projector headlights, and not the chrome crap ones like the Euros have, but the dual projector black ones with the ambient light strip like this concept car. That would be awesome.

I'm not quite sure on the reasoning of this, but I was looking forward to the sunglasses holder on an ST without a moonroof after hearing that they came on the regular Fiestas and although I have yet to see a picture of one or in person w/o moonroof it is said they did not come with the sunglass holder. Kinda scratching my head on that one because I'd think it'd be cheaper overall if they had the same headliner for all non moonroof Fiestas and just included it like they did with the regular Fiestas.

And as included in the Euro Fiesta ST according to the Fiesta ST segment on Top Gear UK, it has flashing brake lights for hard braking. AFAIK, the US didn't get this feature either. Personally I think it should just be a feature on every car on the road really. When the freaking highway comes to an abrupt halt and people are talking on their phones, eating, and painting their nails while driving, they are possibly more likely to see a flashing light than a solid light. I saw one of those brake light flashers for the center brake light on an Escape today where every time the brake is pressed it flashes 4-5 times before turning solid. I'd probably look into getting something like that.

I would have liked to see all 3 of the rear headrests the low style, but I'll probably just end up getting a second center one and putting them on either side to fix that problem.

Also an option for an 8" sub or something like that like the Focus has would be nice to add more low to the audio. After dealing with aftermarket audio stuff with my current car I really don't want to with the Fiesta ST. I'd pretty much just be keeping it all factory so a factory sub sure would be a nice addition.
    envyist likes this.
  6. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

As usual, the European version is slightly better with better options, but costs more. So many people complain that the Fiesta ST is already way too expensive, so adding the premium options from Europe would have sent them over the edge. I wish projector headlamps, heated windshields, a nicer handbrake, and things like that were part of a ST3 package for those of us who don't mind paying more for the smallest car in the portfolio. I am not the typical American consumer where I want the most expensive and smallest car possible. Typical American's buy the biggest car for the least amount of money. I hear a lot of people say for the price of a fully loaded Fiesta, I could buy a base model Fusion. WTF? People like that don't get compact cars and I don't get them.

A few other things I would like to see on the ST that don't exist for any model would be a "Track Pack" screen on MFT that you could activate and have it show boost, oil temp, water temp, oil pressure, lap timer, and throttle position. That would be way more interesting that the phone/audio/NAV/date screen. Sexier looking brake calipers would also be nice. I guess a total "Track Pack" ST would be the best with the MFT screen with performance data, Brembo calipers, slotted rotors, longer delay for brake/throttle overlap, and a mechanical LSD.
    envyist, johnnyquest, ziggyst and 4 others like this.
  7. EvoNiner

EvoNiner Active Member

I completely agree with you BRGT350! I'd much rather have a smaller funner packed, the fiesta, then a fusion, or even focus. I also agree with the screen, I wish it had performance orientated readouts instead of the blah 4 split screen. I too would have paid the extra money to get HID lights.

Smaller is funner IMO. Hence why I have a Miata and Festiva too.

8. wash

wash Active Member

The rear head rests.

First the side headrests came with the buttons facing the center of the car. That was easy enough to fix by swapping sides. Now when I want to fold down the rear seats I don't have to awkwardly reach around to find the button.

Second, I don't think the rear seat can fold all the way with the center headrest in. It either hits the seat bottom or the console so I have removed mine.
    CarefreeAZ likes this.
  9. totusPorcus

totusPorcus Member

what would make it better......

AWD version, 2.0L motor, dual clutch tranny....

seriously i'd really like a AWD version of this car.. and would pay. put a 2.0 on top and make my day..
  10. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

I think it adds a nice airiness to the cabin. Love moonroofs, personally.
  11. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Bryan, do you know if the ST has an engineering or "secret" menu like our SES's (activated by holding the trip odo on startup)?
  12. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I like moonroofs as long as they work. When they break it's an absolute nightmare. You get leaks, it gets stuck open, misaligned, or won't stay closed. Plus you loose some headroom. A long as they work they are awesome. I wanted a moonroof and when I finally got a car with one it wasn't working right and got misaligned. Replaced the entire assembly and motor and adjusted everything best as I could. It still leaked. I'm glad I didn't have that car long.
  13. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

I open my moonroofs only occasionally, but I love the additional light they allow. Haven't had any issues thus far, knock on wood.
  14. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

The ST has a dark grey headliner, and the rest of the fleet is light colored. Maybe that is the reason they were able to leave it off. It may not be the same headliner.
  15. BRGT350

I am not sure. I never got into it on my SES, but knew it existed.

Oh, does anyone else notice the horn honks a bunch of times if you get out of the car with the engine running? A few times I have forgot something in the house or are taking pictures. If the car is running and I get out to run in the house, the horn freaks out. It is rather annoying. My 2011 Fiesta and 2013 Escape both with keyless start don't do that. It is really bad when you are in a park taking pictures and the horn keeps going off when I move the car around for pictures or open the door.
  16. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Leave the key in the car. :)
  17. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

The secrete menu is still there, and contains MANY more pages of info. It would be great if someone could find out what everything is and post back here.

I too have noticed the horn. At work, there is a gate and I need to get out of the car to enter a code at a keypad. Every time I exit the car, it honks at me twice.
  18. BRGT350

I always remember that after the horn honks! :)

I have been doing that on photoshoots. I wish there was a way to turn that feature off. I know the engine is running, I am the one that turned it on. With 4 years and 3 cars with keyless start, I have never left the car running on accident.
  19. EvoNiner

EvoNiner Active Member

I had tested that out when I first got my car, and I DOES NOT honk its horn, but rather beeps a lot inside the car instead.

With that said I Have gotten out of the car while it's running, get a phone call 20 or so feet away and find my Bluetooth still connected and my car was talking to me. Alittle trippy, but funny.

MFT worked flawlessly for me so far.

20. BRGT350

yeah, BlueTooth will stay connected for a good distance away from the car. I have left the garage with our Escape with the MFT connected to my wife's phone while she is on the house talking. That is really strange.

That is odd that some cars honk and others don't. My 2011 beeps and says "key not in car" when I get out.
  21. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

When the salesman got out of the car with the fob on him the car it beeped at me from inside and on the MFT screen it said key out of car. He was out for about a minute and it only did it when he first got out and the message went away. No honk from the horn that I noticed. I don't think it's a bad feature for those of us who haven't had a car with keyless before.
    EvoNiner likes this.