What Don't You Like About the FiST

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by D1JL, Sep 19, 2013.

1. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

I used it all the time to monitor water temp. after my engine detonated during the first month due to a faulty engine block heater installation.

brian likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FiSTofFury

FiSTofFury New Member

You know, the intake tube makes intake growl noises, but it's a turbo car, I'd like turbo intake noises.

envyist likes this.
  4. Removed

Removed Guest

Maybe for the Fiesta RS, if they make one.

5. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

If there is any Focus RS/Fiesta RS, I doubt it will be AWD. Many sources I have talked to over the years have all said that the packaging of the AWD components, weight, complexity, and cost are not worth it. Seeing how well the FWD Fiesta does against AWD cars in Rally America, I would agree that it isn't needed.

6. breon

breon Member

Regardless of how well the car does in competition, I'd like to have AWD for my daily commute during Minnesota winters.

Sent from my Nexus 4

7. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Not to go off topic. But, I feel we'll eventually get the Euro projector lights here via sellers overseas. Kind of like the old black ST170/WRC headlights we swapped in the MK1 Focus

8. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

they might not be a direct fit. The US and EU Fiesta from 2009-2013 had a slightly different shape headlight between the two models. It was very slight, but enough to make sure they could not be swapped. I think the 2014 cars are way closer together than the old ones. It was amazing the amount of Focus MkI stuff that would transfer and how little of the Fiesta will work.

9. Removed

Removed Guest

A pretty short list for me, some are just bitching while others are from driving it for a couple days:
    - I wish Ford offered more options, like a track pack. Things like a Brembo BBK upgrade, autodimming mirror, interior upgrade (leather ebrake, full leather Recaros, etc.)
    - No sunglass holder. The other Fiestas have one and in a car this small, I'd have liked the extra storage. I know it's to save $ but I'd rather they cut corners elsewhere. And you can't easily add one without cutting into the headliner.
    - MFT screen is built into the dash in a non-intuitive way. A lot of buttons are at the edge of the screen, and the screen is recessed pretty deep so sometimes it's hard to hit them.
    - Dual height load floor is strange. I can't seem to get the spare to sit flat enough to move it to the lower position either. Annoying.

I'm sure I'll find more things that bother me, but already loving this car.

envyist likes this.
  10. Noah

Noah Member

After owning the car for a little over 24 hours there has only been 1 thing not to like. The lack of a real key. The stupid 300 dollar keys, after less than 24 hours, completely failed on me and gave me a heart attack. When I went to start the car, rather then turn on, I got a series of malfunction notices on the dash and the MFT screen. First it said immobilizer malfunction, then it said steering failure. It refused to start, but then the electronics wouldn't turn off either. Finally after waiting five minutes we were able to start it up, but after a minute there was a bad noise so we shut it off and pushed it back into the parking lot. From there everything went down hill, but basically keyless ignition sucks. I love the car though.

11. WTH? Are you taking it back to the dealer?

12. Noah

Noah Member

I need to go to bed so I'll end rant tomorrow, but basically we are several hours away from home, Ford roadside sent a tow truck but the tow truck driver said when he arrived that for some reason he was told to take it to a non Ford dealer. It was/is a cluSTer Fuck. We can't get it Tina dealer because the nearest closed at 5 and it was 430 and it's not open on Sundays. The car is running now but with a engine light on, and we've been assured by a friend who is a mechanic (Porsche) that similar stuff happens all the time with Cayenne's and it just the keys. Hopefully he is right. Anyway we can't get it looked at until Monday and the dealer for some reason can't give us a loaner. More of the rant tomorrow.

13. Noah

Noah Member

Photo of the fun. Notice the tow truck to the left

Attached Files:

14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I didn't know that they did not come with a key function built into the FOB's like my Challenger had where you pop the push to start button out and use the FOB as a regular key... Sorry you had/have problems but I LOVE the color ...

edited after I thought how the Dodge fob was

Noah likes this.
  15. Noah

Noah Member

The metal backup only works on the door lock. I wish I could pop the start button out.
    Also thanks, I'm in love with it too, all of it. That's the only reason why I haven't screamed at my dealer for my money back because of Ohios lemon law.

RodMoe likes this.
  16. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Given the choice I think I'd rather have a key instead of keyless. So long as keyless works fine I'll be happy. Keyless is more of a novelty. It's kinda neat, but the only major convenience is not having to take the keys out of your pocket, which isn't that terribly hard. It's fine since it's a standard feature, but I'd save my money if it was an option. At least it's not one of those stupid, insert key and then push to start like the Aston Martin ones, kinda defeats the purpose.

17. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I wouldn't really complain about keyless, but I would opt out of it too if it was optional. It isn't something I really care about.. Certainly don't need to be spared the exhausting chore that is turning a key.

To be honest, I think there is a certain level of tradition in turning a key to get the engine to purr. I would prefer to retain that, but would never consider it a flaw. (Unless I have a similar experience as the poster above). At which point, I would be pretty furious.

18. wash

wash Active Member

There is the My Key feature which is helpful when you want a valet key or you want to put the reigns on a young driver.

That's not very major but it is a convenience.

19. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I like the keyless but I did have the My Key(good option) on my 11 GT too and that had reg key But you touched the starter and it turned the car over till it started if you let off hold the key to the start position and where the key chain stuff dangles and hits your leg LOL .. when they work they are great when they don't well you get the picture....

20. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

I love the keyless setup, especially with push button open/close, and start. Just keep it in my pocket and off I go. BTW, I always keep one set of keys hidden somewhere in the car (because what good does the other key do you when you're 2000 miles from home?).

21. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

So with the FOB how do you keep the car safe then if the "key" key only opens the door ?? we were looking at cars one time and drove to Waupaca to look at a Blackberry colored car on a Sunday only to find the dealer left the FOB in the car allowing up to open and start the car .. At which point my better half suggested with enthusiasm that we leave ... LOL With that brand anyway the car could not be locked then the FOB was in range and if it was it only took a press of the door handle switch to open...