What Don't You Like About the FiST

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by D1JL, Sep 19, 2013.

1. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

I wish there was a way to change it though. Like if you have music playing, I wish you could have the full screen show the album artwork and all that stuff

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

I agree. The little tiny thumbnail seems like a waste.

4. Paul

Paul Member

I realized that there are no handles to hang clothes hangers anywhere inside the car (or as some people refer to them as the "oh-shit" bars). That's a big disappointment, especially when I want to carry both passengers and suits around town. Right now I just have to lay the garment bag across the back seat, or put down one of the rear seats and have it lay half in the trunk and half in the folded down seat. Looking into if there's an aftermarket fix for this.

5. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

This is the first thing anyone ever mentions when they get in the car.

6. Removed

Removed Guest

Yeah, I noticed that about a week in. I don't use them that often, but things like that and the sunglass holder make me go "wtf" with this car.

7. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I can't say that I ever use the clothes hanger in my current car, and if I bought a Fiesta and never got on this forum or Fiesta Faction and saw that people were complaining about it, I never would have noticed it was missing. I was looking forward to the sunglass holder and was bummed when I found out they decided not to put it in the ST. Not a big deal though. Maybe they will include it in next years model? Here's to hoping. I still have about a year and a half before I can even think about ordering my car anyway.

8. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I don't think I care about the hanger and probably wouldn't have ever noticed.. Interesting now that it has been pointed out though....It seems like a pretty quick & easy fix. It does seem like something that is a feature that would have been cheap/no brainer to include.... Should be there I agree, but I'm fine without.

The sunglasses thing is going to drive me up the wall. I'm pretty light sensitive, and with our strict tint laws sun glasses are a big thing for me. If I were to short list the accessories/features of any vehicle that I utilize the most, the sun glasses holder would definitely make that list. Hanging them on a visor is tacky, invites theft, and depending on the hinges in your glasses.... can lead to falling/damaging sun glasses. Not an issue with the gas station counter shades... But not something I look forward to with the ones I spend several hundred on. And putting sun glasses any other random place in the car, generally leads to me forgetting about them or sitting on them. I need my holder !

Not going to stop me from enjoying my ST every day, but.... I can already see how much of an annoyance that is going to be. Enough that I am wondering how complicated it would be, and how much it would cost to have the parts installed from a Titanium to make that happen?

I don't get how you go from lesser trims having this convenience feature to a higher trim not having it.

Generally speaking when you move up in trim... a common trend is that "Package B contains everything in package A - PLUS these additional features: "

Sometimes it's the little things....

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Sun glasses holder is inclusive in future model years. In fact I whole heartedly expect that it will. Unfortunate for us early buyers.

I don't really care about "oh shit" handles either. They're nice to have, but I don't need em. Those with Recaro's probably won't miss them as much as those without. But anyway, anyone driving in a manner that really needs them, probably is going to be on a track without any rear passengers.
    I can definitely see some people missing them a lot more than I will.

9. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I sometimes wonder though, if it's not intentional that Ford clearly leaves certain obvious things un-finished....

I mean, do you really think that a few guys on a forum who just got their cars.... are going to discover this many things that Ford's professional engineers & designers in all the years they've spent developing the product... never once thought about?

It seems likely that some things are missing for cost cutting purposes as part of the "trial run" of the car, to see how it does in it's initial year..
    And partially a strategic exclusion to leave room for "improvements" to add on to the next couple model years.... to make it seem like the product is constantly being tweaked/improved to customer needs.

I'm sure other complications/issues come into play at a manufacturing level too.

But yeah, I expect that headlights are a sure thing for next model year (two at the most). Wouldn't surprise me to see the sunglasses holder show up.
    I don't feel confident that the clothes hanger is going to be high on the priorities... but with engineers/employee's constantly reading forums to research customer satisfaction.... who knows! Enough complaints could make it happen.

The trunk floor seems like a pretty big one that ought to be remedied.. And hopefully the remedy applies to already existing ST's.... and not jut to ST's produced after it's corrected. It seems unfinished rather than simply a "would have been/should have been" feature...

Other changes that I fully expect to see throughout the next couple MY's would be new additional paint colors, as well as current existing paint discontinuations, interior trim/seat colors... And wheel options. Possible badge changes?

Possibly changes to the rear view or side mirrors.

10. Removed

Removed Guest

FWIW, Ford made no changes to the 2014 Focus ST... Not even fixing TSB issues with the motor mount. So they may not do any of these things.

11. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Interesting, but not.... encouraging ! lol Hopefully the Fiesta ST get's a little more love.

Continuing to manufacturer an already announced TSB for another MY seems a little weird though.

It'll somewhat suck to get left out if the 2nd MY gets new / exciting goodies... But the plus side would be that new parts will become available which are already set up for the ST. So I'm still hoping for additions/changes.

12. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I did finally sit inside an ST a week or so ago... And the Arm rest is in fact a little worse than I expected. Maybe room for improvement, when I get a chance to properly adjust my seat? But for the short time I was in there, it was useless as far as being a place to rest my arm, and annoying as far as... an elbow obstacle. I suspect I can slightly improve it though.. Not sure how different it is from the Titanium arm rest (if at all) ? But I don't remember it being as bad in the titanium... Maybe the recaro's are a partial culprit?

13. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

After 100 or so miles I give the arm rest a big MEH !!! as well as the shifter needs to be a lil tighter tween 4 and 5th gears ... But EVERYTHING else so far on this car is well worth getting rid of the FRS man this thing pulls !!

EvoNiner and Mayhem like this.
  14. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Good to hear, I was actually thinking of asking you to post up your input on the FiST now that you have it... knowing that you were coming from the FR-S. Would like to hear more in depth feedback from someone who has now owned both ;)

15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Quick and dirty FRS rear drive and tons of fun to drive and looks sexy in its own way but for me it was a very narrow power band needing to rev to make power the looks and insides are a personal taste thing so it worked for me and the seats in the FRS were very nice and well bolstered.. there was NO armrest just a hole with no stock cup holders either .. Now mine was a Auto so maybe I got lazy driving but it was never on the power unless it was above 4.5k rpm.. back to the thread The ST has a poorly located armrest for shifting at least for me (elbow meet armrest a few times) And there is a lil bit of a blind spot looking left along the area the windshield meet the side window. just a thing with these cars as our Fit has a worse one.... But the power and drivability of the ST in most any gear just lay on the gas pedal and she moves rather surprising sometimes too and take a corner a lil hot with just a slight lift of the gas and she slides right around.... So much like the FRS if your had the nannies off and drifted it .. But my oh my does the ST pull sweet in second and third.. Found myself doing double the legal limit more than once on some back road and didn't even feel like I was doing then speed till I looked and went OMG ... need to be careful with this one as it is sneaky fast and tons of fun in the twisties .. though I left all nannies on as its damp and leafy on the roads today ..
    Oh and one last thing I don't like about the Fiesta ST it makes my face hurt from smiling all the time.. Either from the sweet motor sounds or that feel when laying into the gas out of a corner ... :woot::woot::smug::D:rotfl::biglaugh:

Mayhem likes this.
  16. wash

wash Active Member

That's a nice comparison.

The big question: which one is more fun on the street?

I think I know the answer but I'd like to hear you say it.

I'm pretty sure the ST is more practical so I won't bother asking that.

17. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Fiesta ST !!! :woot::woot:
    Not to say the twins (FRS/BRZ) don't have a place on the street and I'm glad I owned (key word owned as in past tense :thumbsup:) one so I can say this by knowing first hand ... The twins NEED more TORQUE !!! The Fiesta ST wins that hands down and THAT is what you feel on the street !!

18. Deanh

Deanh Member

give me a key please...and that way I could adress another of my pet peeves...Kicker has come out with a Stereo upgrade for Ford, which adds a sub and more importantly BETTER AMPLIFIERS ( Sub only fiesta sedan as of right now ), the difference isnt subtle...issues, its N/A with keyless start cars or hatchbacks yet....bottom line, an easy way to upgrade the Stereo...not happy with the Sony system....

19. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

It came with no back up camera? I thought it was a standard option

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  20. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Nope. Not even an option.

21. FiestaST

FiestaST Active Member

Weird they still advertise it on ford.com and it's on my ore order paperwork? Maybe they changed like they did with the auto mirror