What Don't You Like About the FiST

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by D1JL, Sep 19, 2013.

1. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Mine auto locks.
    I know that can be programmed.
    I am sorry I don't know how.
    It may need to be done by your dealer.

Dave

LotusZX3 likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. takuarc

takuarc Member

That is what I thought. Called up one dealer and he is convinced that my lock is faulty. Called another and they said no such option appears on their programming unit. Spoke to a European technician and he told me it cannot be done coz it does not exist...

We have the Euro spec here, might be another difference with the US spec.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

4. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I did not know that you were speaking about a Euro spec car.
    You are probably correct that it is just another difference.

Dave

5. covert1

covert1 New Member

Most of my dislikes already existed in the 2013 Fiesta Titanium that I traded in for the FiST.

For starters, I really dislike the blind spot sub-mirrors. They just bring me more confusion, especially at night and on highways with more than 2 lanes. I don't know when this started, but I was doing fine before and really want plain mirrors back.

MFT / Sync / whatever proprietary stereo system: Like everything else, the 23 years I've been driving, I'm used to not having such things and totally prefer having the ability to easily upgrade the stereo with a headunit of my own choosing. I can say that the 10 year old Pioneer stereo and speakers in my ZTW sound better than the stereo in my FiST. However, the MFT system does a much better job of handling my USB drive, unlike the 2013 Titanium. And, the shuffle feature actually behaves the way I expect it to. BUT, the MFT screen is seemingly a mile away, and the buttons along the screen border are a bit difficult to engage.

Compared to the rear view from my ZTW, the Fiesta is pretty bad... though it's a little less bad when the rear head rests are down. Even with a year of ownership of the Titanium, I still do double and triple-takes when I am backing out of parking spots because I always feel like I'm missing something. I also have a very wide peripheral and the pillar on this 4-door gets in the way.

I think TPMS is needless and useless, as it doesn't do anything that I didn't already handle on my own.

FiST specific:

I'm not a very big individual, at a compact 5'8" and 170lb, but man, it took some time to get a comfy driving position with the Recaros... and it takes some squirming to get in and out. I sort of miss how easy it was to just plop right into the seat of my Focus. I think my neighbors secretly laugh while I struggle getting out.

No boost gauge? With everything being digital, why can't there be a menu with these readings on the MFT screen?

No HID headlamp option. I can't believe that this wasn't available. I've had OEM HIDs on my Focus for 8 years already.

I'm also surprised by the wasted space around the spare tire. It does seem like the false floor could be a lot lower.

This sounds like a lot of issues, but overall, I am much happier with the FiST due to the fact it provides me the acceleration I was missing with the NA 1.6L Titanium. It makes dealing with Baltimore/DC traffic much more bearable, as I can now scoot around potential moving roadblocks, as people around here are somehow imbued with the inability to pass in the left lane.

6. audiphile

audiphile Member

The rear floor is adjustable and has two heights. The upper height is for a flat load surface when the rear seats are folded down. You can put the load floor flat on the spare tire if you need more height. I've had to use this feature a few times already, I think it's a feature, not a shortcoming.

7. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

1.Dont mean to beat the same horse with the same bat but...Hate no boost in 1st gear.
    2. No passenger handle to grab from the ceiling and no vanity mirror lights built in the sun visor for the Mrs.
    3. Wish the rebound on the suspension wasnt so eager to return to its normal position. Sometimes I feel like Im driving a bouncy lowrider.
    4.No Projector lens option at least.
    5. No auto sunroof close. If they added auto open why not auto close?
    6. Recaros...No Lumbar support and no way to level out the seat, hate the recliner feel, cuts off circulation in my legs and if I lower the seat the steering wheel sits too high.
    7. Wish the steering wheel can be adjusted a little lower.

envyist likes this.
  8. LotusZX3

LotusZX3 Member

The shade over the MFT screen sticks out too far and keeps me from seeing the top of the HUD.

9. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

So I have a dislike, that is driving me up the wall.

My FiST is the biggest freakin bug magnet on the planet..... I don't even see any bugs anywhere else in this weather.. It's -4 to -7 daily... with a -20 wind chill factor... There's no bugs... But it never fails that whenever I come back out to my car.. I have 2-3 spiders and several other flying critters scattered all over the damn car...

wtf? (inb4 jokes about my paint.)

10. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

They are just trying to mate.

Dave

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Hope that is -7 deg C not F
    Cuz if its 7 deg BELOW 0 deg F them are some BURLY critters you got up there !! They must like the Green Hornet eh ?? LOL

12. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I have not experienced the bug phenomenon with my Molten Orange FiST, but my Grabber Orange Mustang practically glowed in the dark. One reason I got rid of it: too many bugs!

13. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Good gosh! You must be driving with the top of your head protruding out the sunroof.
    Me, I have to jack up the seat just to see over the steering wheel, so I don't have trouble viewing the MFT. :)

14. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I have now been able to get over or modify the very few shortcomings of this car.
    It is not likely Ford will do anything to help me anyway.
    Yes, it may help future models but I doubt it.

Dave

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  15. onederer

onederer Member

I'm not digging the rattle from the windows when they are cracked open between 1/16th to 4 inches. Closed Quiet, opened over 4 inches Quiet.

16. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Been too cold to open the windows!

17. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Approaching triple digit speeds there needs to be more rebound control in the rear suspension. It starts pogo-ing at those speeds.

18. OrangeFist

OrangeFist Member

the fact that ricers want to race

19. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

• The extra doors. While I'd said that I'd buy the FiST in whatever form if it made it to the US, I'm still a bit jealous of the sportier, slimmer look of the 3-door, and that 140-odd lbs difference in weight savings is missed too. If it were a 3-door, I'd have done a rear seat delete almost immediately.
    • No dead pedal. In a sport-compact that has an ST badge, I feel like this is a silly oversight.
    • I'm not a fan of the dome lights. Regular (not LED) bulbs, and the positioning is crap. I had LEDs factory in my Focus, and they rendered things much better.
    • Rear visibility is crap, and the NA market rear headrests make that problem more glaring.
    • Door pulls. I can clearly feel seam-gap in the inside surface. Yeah, I know it's based on a $14k car, but really?
    • Dual mass flywheel. I don't really need to get into that. I just hope replacing it with an aftermarket single piece doesn't introduce transmission clatter.
    • I dislike how the high-beams engage.
    • I wish the car had been offered with a couple more seat options, for instance, all leather, single-color (black) recaros (like the FoST) and without seat heaters.
    • No LSD. :(
    • No HIDs. Seriously, this is bugging me. I said to myself that the next factory-new car I'd buy would have HIDs. And I get screwed out of them again. At least they're an option for the FoST.
    • I wish the position of the entertainment controls and cruise functions were switched. Makes no sense to me to have cruise on the right, as opposed to the left.
    • How easily my paint chips.
    Other than that, I've got few dislikes really, most of them relating to SYNC being SYNC.

envyist likes this.
  20. ST-in-Mich

ST-in-Mich Member

This so hard. And not even just ricers. Everyone all the time. Miatas, Mustangs, Chargers, Subarus, if its 'sporty' they want to take you on.

Its fun quite often, but sometimes im just going to Work or the supermarket.

21. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Sadly, a stock Fiesta with modest upgrades can still outperform your typical ricer's Honda.

Sent from my iPad Air using gerbil telepathy.