What Don't You Like About the FiST

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by D1JL, Sep 19, 2013.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

You could walk a ricer Honda by walking. No more street talk though, please.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Would you rather "misguided JDM enthusiasts"?

Sent from my iPad Air using gerbil telepathy.
  4. BlackBird

I don't care what you call them. Talking about street racing = a no-no on any decent car forum.
  5. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Nobody has talked about street racing aside from others trying to bait them.

Sent from my iPad Air using gerbil telepathy.
    OrangeFist likes this.
  6. OrangeFist

OrangeFist Member

Seriously, I would like the clutch pedal to be an inch or two higher than the brake. I am 5'6" so I have to have the seat further up in order to get the clutch all the way down. That way, I could sit further back. If anyone knows if a solution, please let me know. I did buy something from from Discovermymobility but it does not fit.

At this time I'm getting a 1" thick piece of rubber and attach it to the pedal with the 2 sided super sticky tape and zip tie it. If that doesn't work, then I'll just make do and sit closer than I would like.

(The clutch pedal was higher on the Fox body Mustangs btw)
  7. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

I'm not crazy about the shifter placement. Also, my Mini was much easier to heel-toe. The rattling windows when they're only cracked is annoying. The crappy damping is lame. The off-gassy plastic smell is awful when the car is hot inside. Other than that, it's the most fun car I've ever had and the stuff I don't like is, for the most part, fixable.
  8. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I hear lots of people talk about the rattling windows, but I've never had that problem. Curious if there was a change made.
  9. madhatter

madhatter New Member

I'm completely nit-picking here, but i'd like the high beams to be push, not pull. That's about it.
    LuvfiestaST likes this.
  10. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I also have never had a single time where the windows rattled. I do have them tinted, but I would doubt that would be a factor. Mine was delivered in October.
  11. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

x 2 and delivered in September
  12. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Got mine October last year.
  13. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Oct 2013 No rattles
  14. BlackBird

I've got zero rattle. Whole car is about as tight as a drum actually.
  15. lill2012

lill2012 Member

i'm not quite sure why they raised the cargo floor in the back. actually, it's probably so the seats fold flat. i'd preferred the setup in my '11 SES. Thankfully, they improved a lot of little things from the old one. Like a glovebox light. And the volume control on the steering wheel.
  16. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Both my front windows rattled when opened slightly.. I now keep then opened 1/4 of the way or more
  17. hyatt

hyatt Active Member

Yeah it's just the first 1/4 of the window travel where it rattles.
    SpaceFish and LuvfiestaST like this.
  18. MasterPooBaa

MasterPooBaa Member

Slight buzz occasionally coming from drivers side vent, comes with engine resonance around 2500-3000rpm.

Will get it checked out at the 3k service
  19. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

I had the same thing. My vent just needed to be pulled out then pushed back in. It doesn't take much effort to just pull out the vent, comes out easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  20. Kevin R

Kevin R Member

You know the cargo floor is adjustable and has a lower position right?
    lill2012 likes this.
  21. lill2012

lill2012 Member

That's awesome. Thanks so much