What is this thing I found in the glovebox?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by maelkoth, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Ronbo

Ronbo Member

He's joking. While Ford does in fact pull cars randomly for testing, there is a notification next to or on the window sticker advising the prospective customer of the testing and why there are more than normal delivery miles on the car. FWIW I don't know what that white thing is for either.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Might it be a snipe call?

4. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

It's a fung shway miniature ice cube tray.

Dave

jimclark likes this.
  5. LotusZX3

LotusZX3 Member

Easter egg coloring dipper?

6. totusPorcus

totusPorcus Member

should be obvious..

its a dikfer

7. Sekred

Sekred Active Member

Yes, I am just joking. It reminds me of something a doctor wanted to stick up my wee wee once when I copped a dose of the...................well you can guess the rest

8. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

I don't know about the "odometer override" theory, but the clock imprint just signifies some time or date when the item was molded. It's common on many plastic parts.

9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

OMG thanks for that I had totally forgotten that part of my mispent youth ;) LOL

ronnie karlen likes this.
  10. Papi4baby

Papi4baby Member

I got one too. In for info.

11. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Still nothing on this hey? This has me so curious it's half the reason I log in lately.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

captainmorbid likes this.
  12. vixenlotus

vixenlotus Member

It is indeed a odometer override device. I have been driving it around inserted into my ECU for a few days. The odometer is not registering any more mileage. I think I am going to alternate one month in one month out so it keeps my mileage low. If you choice to do this please be careful when you insert it - only turn it to the right (clockwise) not to the left. If you turn it to the left it does a master reset of your computer and it wipes out all your radio presets, phone Bluetooth, and other programmable functions (essentially turns the car is to what the settings were when it was new).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  13. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Gtfo^

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

14. k757

k757 Active Member

Hey! I had one of these in my glovebox. I looked at it and threw it back in there

15. peoples1234

peoples1234 Member

I haven't see it mentioned, but is this a manual tool to open and close the sunroof if it stops working? I have seen tools like that included with cars that had sunroofs. Just a thought...

EDIT: I just went and looked in my glovebox. No tool, and I do have a sunroof.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  16. limbo

limbo Active Member

I hope you're kidding.

17. chr0n0phage

chr0n0phage New Member

They are.

18. vixenlotus

vixenlotus Member

The big problem i am going to have with stopping the odometer is knowing when to do the oil changes.

19. chr0n0phage

chr0n0phage New Member

^^ Haha, the gullible are all over the place...

20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

LOL too funny

ronnie karlen likes this.
  21. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member