What is This?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by mrtn, Jun 11, 2014.

  1. mrtn

    mrtn Active Member

    Ive looked in the manual and couldn't find anything. This is my first Ford so maybe it's obvious to someone else...

  2. Register or Sign in

    Advertisement Sponsor

  3. WScottCross

    WScottCross Well-Known Member

    That's the sound symposer. It pipes engine noise into the cabin. Kind of ironic that most cars are trying to isolate engine noise and we're trying to get more of it!
  4. mrtn

    mrtn Active Member

    Ohhhh thank you! I didn't think there would be an actual separate vent for the symposer. I thought it would just be worked into the air vents or something.
  5. SpaceFish

    SpaceFish Member

  6. RodMoe

    RodMoe Well-Known Member

    I did not know the symposer had wires on the back of it ? hmmm
  7. mrtn

    mrtn Active Member

    I put my hand over this when driving home today. Stepped on it, drove normal... No change in sound at all. Are we sure that this is the symposer?

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. RodMoe

    RodMoe Well-Known Member

    After taking mine out and looking at it and looking in the manual my guess is it is "In-vehicle temperature and humidity sensor" don't take it out as it is a pain to get back in with big hands and fat fingers .. only two wires lead to it and there is a couple elctronic looking things down in it ..
    ( and if you poke at it it falls out of the lil vent thing it is stuck into and goes back in only one way ..)
    Firesail and mrtn like this.
  9. eRic

    eRic Active Member

    yes that is a temperature sensor for the automatic climate control. not the sound symposer.
    DirtyBlueshirt and Neely2005 like this.
  10. Drifter

    Drifter Member

    Souns symposer routes the sound theough the airvents.
  11. WScottCross

    WScottCross Well-Known Member

    I stand corrected. Thanks.
  12. RodMoe

    RodMoe Well-Known Member

    Meh pull up a chair and get comfy no need to stand :) hehe
    Firesail and mrtn like this.
  13. MasterPooBaa

    MasterPooBaa Member

    Leading on (or astray) from this, where does the sound symposer come out in the cabin?
  14. RodMoe

    RodMoe Well-Known Member


    Here is a pic of the Sound tbe with the Feed disconnected where it goes in to the car body right around where the clutch master cyl line comes out .. Grabed this shot while me Diff swap was in progress.. Note GREEN ARROWS point to the Sound Tube

Share This Page