What's your 'Out the Door' price?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Sales and Service' started by WRC Fan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Now I have the absolute bottom line because I just wrote the check.
    The total came to $30,875.19
    This includes:
    The car with everything except moonroof and painted wheels.
    6 yr/100Kmi ESP warranty.
    Full Maintenance Package with Full Synthetic oil changes at 5K.
    State tax and license fees.
    I had to pay $385.00 to pay off my current car.
    Painted wheels and calipers will be provided by the dealer at NO additional charge.

By my calculations I think I got a good deal.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Dealer managed to work some magic and I'll be picking up a Molten Orange ST w/Recaros, Power Moonroof, Nav, and Smoker's Package (heh) for $26k OTD later this evening.
    Mikeygti likes this.
  4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

That's a "smokin" deal LMAO :whistling:
  5. Is that the base Fiesta ST without any options? I think an OTD price is very deceiving as tax can really make a difference. Price of the car with options, plus any admin fees would probably be better. Just a thought.
  6. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Right, mine is the standard ST with one option (free), an engine block heater. Obviously, tax, title, license and admin fees (where applicable) are add-ons but they are not variables. Options like Recaros, Rado wheels, Nav are variables. You are negotiating with your Ford dealer, not the state (unless you are a dual-resident or have the ability to buy/register your vehicle in more than one state and can pick one based on tax, license, fees advantages). My plate fees in Wisconsin are based on type of vehicle (auto, truck, motorcycle, etc.) rather than assessed valuation as in Arizona for example. See link http://m.ncsl.org/issues-research/transport/registration-and-title-fees-by-state.aspx
  7. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

I think my paperwork is still in my bag, so I'll post the breakdown later, but it was something to the effect of $24300 (+ taxes, tags, titles, fees) for a Molten Orange ST w/Molten Orange Recaros, Power Moonroof, and Painted Wheels/Calipers.

Sheer luck.
  8. Taxes, license and registration fees probably should not be included in this thread in my opinion. Only the price of the vehicle, options (broken down option by option pricing) and admin fees. Everyone that buys the car can see the price they paid before all of those fees. You don't think that would help?
    PS. What did you pay for your car? Unless I missed it. Thanks!
  9. Just going by TrueCar pricing, you beat them by at least $300 plus. How difficult was it to negotiate this price? Seems like you got a good deal. This car is so new, I'm wondering how flexible they will be?
  10. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

...price without tax, title or license fees was 20655.04 (with dealer rebate).
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  11. Thank you! I'd say that's a great target price for a base Fiesta ST. Hate to bug, but how hard was it to get that price? The last car I purchased new was a 2003 Cobra for X-plan. So no negotiation at that time. Of course a year later they were going for $6k less ugh.
  12. TWDM

TWDM Member

I think we should post base price + documentation fees as the OTD as they are negotiable. Cause they can sell you a car for 1k cheaper then screw you with 1k documentation fees
  13. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

I had originally walked away from the sale because they had told me they were not willing to go below sticker on the Fiesta ST (seeing as they has just gotten their first one on the lot the day before). A couple of hours later, though, the sales manager called me and told me that a dealership in Maryland had requested a trade for a big truck my dealer had on their lot. On a whim, the SM asked them if they had any FiSTs, which they did. Serendipitously, it was the color I wanted with the features I wanted. Something about the relative size of the holdbacks on the cars ($1500 on the truck vs $500 on the Fiesta) and the fact that the other dealer had initiated the trade gave them considerably more freedom with the pricing on this other FiST, and they were able to meet my desired price point in conjunction with a couple of incentives.

I was, frankly, surprised and impressed that they went this extra mile.
  14. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

BTW, looking through the documentation, the final price was $24310.95 before taxes, titles, fees.
  15. 2glides

2glides New Member

D plan $24777. Molten Orange, Molten Orange recaros, nav, sunroof.
  16. Any idea of what the D plan is for a base Fiesta ST with zero options?
  17. 2glides

2glides New Member

No, but MSRP on mine was 26375.00 and "invoice" was 25554.00. Invoice on the base car (20598) plus shipping (795), fuel charge (45) and advertising assessment (384) comes out to 21822. I would expect $600 or $700 less than that for D plan. YMMV, though.
  18. Is "advertising assessment" a norm now? I haven't purchased a new car in a decade. Wondering if dealers are putting in fees that they didn't used to. Bottom line on my 2003 Cobra was vehicle price, registration and tax. Nothing else. No added dealer fees for sure.
  19. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yes gotta love progress with dealer paperwork fees and all sorts of added fee's they can dream up.. It is the 'New Norm" :poop:
  20. s_g_t

s_g_t New Member

Hi everyone,

I bought a silver Fiesta ST three weeks ago, and love this car. Mine's got the navigation system, moon roof and colored wheels, but not the recaro seats. I traded in a 2012 low mileage Hyundai Accent + $10,500 out the door. By itself, the Ford would have cost $23,500 + TTL, so I figure that I did reasonably well.
  21. How are you liking those non recaro seats? I'm going for the standard seats as well if I can. I'm hoping someone likes them!